We’ve just released a new stable version of the Companion software!
For a formal summary check the release notes, but here are the main points explained:
- Reduced CPU usage (should reduce/fix video dropouts/poor quality)
- Fixed bug stopping the heartbeat failsafe from working correctly
- Fixed bug causing missing Wifi SSIDs (*see below)
- change default waterlinked underwater gps hostname from
NOTE: this update updates the mavproxy library so will generally take ~20 minutes to complete (expect slow progress on the
arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcclines). If your ROV enclosure is accessible, it may be faster to download and directly flash the image onto the Raspberry Pi SD card.
The missing wifi SSIDs issue was caused by a problem in the update process from the 0.0.22 release, so to fix it requires either:
- Directly flashing a more recent image (than 0.0.22) onto the Raspberry Pi SD card (requires opening the enclosure)
From the companion web interface Git page (https://192.168.2.2:2770/git):
- Select the desired remote, local for Blue Robotics repository.
- Click in tags to open the available options.
- Select the 0.0.21 tag, it’ll be highlighted when selected.
- Click Update to perform the roll back
- Connecting to your wifi network using the Network page (if not already connected)
- Updating with the normal ‘Update’ button from the System page