A new version of the companion computer software is now available!
The update includes:
- Display CPU and RAM usage statistics on the System page
- Auto-detect and auto-connect to Water Linked Underwater GPS system
- Add option to change the static ip address of the ROV on the Network page
- Add support for Internet Explorer
- Camera configuration page: easily configure camera and video stream settings
A comprehensive list of changes can be found in the release notes.
To perform the update:
- Plug a fully charged battery into the ROV and connect the tether to your computer.
- Navigate to 192.168.2.2:2770 in your browser and ensure that the ROV has access to a WiFi network. If you do not see a webpage at this address, you need to perform the update according to the instructions here.
- Navigate to 192.168.2.2:2770/system. Click the button that says ‘Update companion’.
- The update process will take between 5 and 20 minutes depending on the Internet connection speed. Wait for the update process to complete.
- When it completes, refresh your browser. The companion version should now be 0.0.14.
- If the update fails (usually due to a loss of internet connectivity), you will be warned that the ROV will reboot and to leave the battery plugged in. At this point, once you are able to refresh the webpage, it is safe to either power down the ROV or attempt the update again.