Good day BlueROV2 and ArduSub operators! Software updates for QGroundControl and ArduSub are now available. Update instructions and release highlights are noted below; view the release notes for a comprehensive list of changes.
Download and install the new version of QGC (BlueRobotics flavor):
v3.2.4-BlueRobotics-Rev5 Highlights (Release Notes):
- Add motor test page
- Update video streaming packages on Windows and Mac
- Set system time on autopilot upon connection
- Bugfix crash when popping out video window to a new window
- Bugfix ‘load default parameters’ function
- Bugfix broken motors reversal behavior on motor test page
- Power on your ROV and connect it to your computer
- Navigate to 192.168.2.2:2770/network and ensure that the ROV has an internet connection
- Navigate to 192.168.2.2:2770/system. Click the button under the ‘Pixhawk Firmware Update’ section that says ‘Stable’.
- Wait for the update process to complete, and you are finished!
v3.5.3 Highlights (Release Notes):
- Add the ability to set system time from GCS (dataflash logs will be timestamped)
- Add the option for software current limiting
- Reduce default yaw sensitivity
- Add motor test functionality
- Several new joystick button functions for servo and relay control
Software current limiting is controlled in ArduSub by the MOT_BAT_CURR_MAX parameter. Set this parameter to zero to disable current limiting (default). Otherwise, set this parameter to the desired current limit in amps. The speed at which the autopilot reacts to overcurrent conditions is controlled by the MOT_BAT_CURR_TC parameter. Lower values will make the autopilot react more quickly.
All of the joystick button functions can be selected from the Joystick setup page in QGC.
Here are some screenshots demonstrating some of the changes: