What's the current status of Guided Mode?

We’re new BlueROV2 users, planning some tests which involve running fixed tracks on the surface.

Guided Mode would be very handy for this, and it looks from the forums as though it is moderately working but not stable - is that right ?

Right now, we have a GPS plugged into our Pixhawk, but we see no sign of it in QGroundControl, and when we try to start a mission we get ‘Guided mode not supported by vehicle’.

Does that mean our GPS is not working, or does it mean we’ve not configured something properly ?

Thanks,
Richard

Guided mode is not supported or stable, but there is code for it in place. It is there now for developers to work with. Until it is marked stable, I recommend avoiding it unless you intend to work with the source code.

A gps antenna will not get any signal underwater, you will need an acoustic positioning system like the Waterlinked GPS in our store.

Jacob - thanks.

We have some surface test runs we need to do, so we will have GPS signal. We’re not afraid to work with the source code if that turns out to be necessary.

Can you comment on what the ‘Guided mode not supported by vehicle’ message is telling us ?

Thanks,
Richard

This is a bug in QGC, it is not equipped to work with guided mode using ArduSub. You may use MAVProxy to work with it.

Great, thanks. We’ll give it a go.

Richard

Hi All,

1. I uploaded mission plan to a custom autopilot and try to take off and it gives the same issue. Does it support with a custom autopilot to work with fixed wings or helicopter?
  2. I can not see the FLY VIEW toolbar as well when I make try to take off by using the FLY VIEW. I could not spot the issue why it does not show that tools.
    Step by step procedure ( Sorry for the blurred figure. Since I am a new user it allows only one figure)

Would appreciate any kind of help. Wonder that what I am doing wrong here…
Thanks
Madu

Hi Madu,

This forum is for sub projects, for plane and helicopter you should check ardupilot forum.