Missing params: 1:COMPASS PRIMARY

This is a new BR2 Heavy Build. I’m getting the alert : Parameters are missing from firmware. You may be running a version of firmware QGC does not work correctly with or your firmware has a bug in it. Missing params: 1:COMPASS PRIMARY

Windows 10
QGC 4.0.5
Companion 0.0.26
Ardusub 4.1.0 (I get the same alert with 4.0.2)
Heavy Configuration.

I reset the default parameters Setup>Frame Setup>Load Vehicle Default Parameters>BlueRobotics BlueROV2 Heavy

The Compass is working properly.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi @gcelec,

I tried updating my ArduSub firmware to both beta and development and got that message too - presumably COMPASS PRIMARY is renamed or something in >=4.1.0, which isn’t supported by QGC 4.0.5 (likely requires QGC 4.1.X). Once I updated back down to stable (ArduSub 4.0.3) the message went away though.

Are you updating through the companion web interface, or with QGC via a direct USB connection to the Pixhawk? If you’re updating through companion you’ll need to restart QGC afterwards to reload parameters and whatnot - otherwise the “Missing Params” message will stay there from the firmware version that actually didn’t have that parameter.

I was updating through Companion. - Restarting QGC didn’t resolve the issue.

Can you share a link to download QGC 4.1? - The Blue Robotics Software page, and the ArduSub downloads page both download 4.0.5.

I downloaded v4.1.3 from Githubs QgroundControl page, but that’s for quadcopters not subs.

QGroundControl should auto-detect the connected vehicle type and adjust the interface accordingly. Did you try connecting the ROV, or did it start in ArduCopter mode so you assumed it was the wrong version?

I’ve got it thanks- I’ve figured out the new sidebar. How do I get rid of the No GPS Lock for Vehicle overlay?

That’s unfortunately one of the few remaining reasons we’re not recommending QGC 4.1 to everyone. I made a post about it a while ago, and the fix has been merged into the Stable_V4.1 branch, but it’s not yet in an actual release. There’s some more info here:

At this stage we’re trying to get another release pushed through so this and a few other things can be sorted out, but one of the core QGC devs is very unavailable at the moment (and possibly for the next couple of months) so we’re not yet certain when we’ll be able to get a release made.

I reverted the Pixhawk to Ardusub 4.0.3 and QGroundControl to 4.0.5 and that worked.

Thank you!

1 Like