WayFinder integration on BlueROV2 (missing parameters)

Hi,
I’ve been trying to integrate a WayFinder DVL on my BlueROV2.
There is an Integration Guide available here https://github.com/Teledyne-Marine/Wayfinder which I try to use to help me.
I tried to change the pixHawk parameters from QGroundControl as it is said, but some parameters are unfindable:
EK3_GPS_TYPE=3
GPS_TYPE=0
VISO_TYPE=1
VISO_DELAY_MS=10
VISO_ORIENT=0

This one is visible : PSC_VELXY_P=14 (however the maximum value is 6, should I put 1.4 ?)

I didn’t find them in the full parameter reference of px4.
How can I find them and what do they change ?
Thank for any help, I’m new to this

Hi @Nathan_R07,

If you’re missing those parameters it sounds like you might’ve skipped step 1 of their BlueROV integration guide :slight_smile:

Did this ever get resolved? I have version 4.1.0 and am also not able to find the listed parameters. Trying to access them in QGroundControl.

Following this guide: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0407/2312/0282/files/BlueRobotics_Integration_Guide_9d8f836f-a304-4819-adbd-84fe78a1604d.pdf?v=1599863878

Hi @andygrayia,

I’m not certain what’s going on here, so I’ve asked about it internally and will get back to you.

It’s possible some of the parameters won’t appear until visual odometry is enabled (may require a vehicle reboot after setting VISO_TYPE=1).

1 Like

Eliot,

Setting VISO_TYPE=1, and restarting, opened up many of the parameters that were needed. Thanks! However, one of the parameters that I need to change, per the Wayfinder/BlueROV integration guide, is EK3_GPS_TYPE. I see a EK2_GPS_TYPE only.

I’m also getting an error when updating PSC_VELXY_P. Guide recommends setting the value to 14:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Apologies for the delay getting back to this - I’ve recently arrived back home from travelling, so should have more reasonable response times again now.

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

EK3_GPS_TYPE was removed from ArduSub before 4.1.0 became stable, so you won’t be able to find it in the latest 4.1.0 version. I believe it should be sufficient to set the EK3_SRC1_* parameters instead, e.g.

EK3_SRC1_POSXY = ExternalNav (6)
EK3_SRC1_VELXY = ExternalNav (6)
EK3_SRC1_POSZ = Baro (1)

Not certain what’s best to do there - the recommended value in the guide may have been determined from a slightly different version of the position controller, in which case maybe it’s best to follow the firmware’s default limits (6), but at the same time those limits may have been determined using other vehicle types and not tuned/corrected for ArduSub, in which case maybe it’s fine to ‘force save’ the guide value (14).

I’ll ask internally whether our main ArduSub developer has any insight, but no guarantees of a proper response to that one until Teledyne confirms, or re-determines the values with ArduSub 4.1.0 stable. Perhaps @petecrai (from Teledyne) has some idea?

Is there any update regarding the value to put ?

Following up on this, the response I received (from our developer, not Teledyne) at the time was that

Unless Teledyne responds with some alternative, it’s probably worth starting with their specified values (using force save as necessary) and then adjusting if performance is poor.