Joystick connected but not able to run motors

Hello! I’ve been able to connect my controller (Logitech F310) to ArduSub and QGC, but when I move the joysticks, nothing happens to the motors. I think before I was able to, but I don’t remember how I did that. All my keybinds are set to default and I’ve checked that all settings are the same as shown in the ArduSub documentation. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Faye,

Our software setup guide suggests the F310 needs to have the switch on the back set to “X”.

Have you calibrated the joystick, and armed the ROV?

Oh I didn’t realize I had it set to “D” :joy: Thank you!!

1 Like

Hi Elliot, i am trying to run motors with Logitech F710. Joystick is enabled and the mode is set to ‘X’. I can arm the vehicle but my joystick can not run motors. Can you help me?
Thank you.

Hi @enesyurt78, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Please confirm that MOT_PWM_MIN is set to 1100 and MOT_PWM_MAX is set to 1900 in QGroundControl’s Parameters page - ArduSub 4.0 didn’t use those parameters but ArduSub 4.1 does, and they may not be set correctly (which can cause this kind of issue).

If that doesn’t help, hopefully resetting the parameters should solve the issue. If not, are your thrusters beeping as expected when the vehicle turns on? They may not be connected correctly, or there may be some issue with your flight controller, ESCs, or thrusters.