Without video, in linux and windows

Hi,

I do not have video, I’ve already reviewed the hardware part. The settings that previously gave problems with regard to this.

I have the connection, everything works, I just do not have the video.
I already tried using QGC in Windows 10, and also in Linux Ubuntu 16.04

Can anyone help?

Hi Igor,

1. Go to http://192.168.2.2:8088 to access the companion terminal.
  2. Check the connected devices with: v4l2-ctl --list-devices or with ls /dev/video*
    If both commands fail, please check your camera USB connection.

Hi Patrick,

I got this,

/dev/video0 /dev/video1

I imagine having this return from the terminal, it recognized the usb camera connected …

The problem was a mismatch between the gstreamer configuration IP and the one used by the groundstation PC.
Setting the default gstreamer parameters fixed the issue.

Ok Patrick,

Ty.

Hello Patrick,
I have the same problem with Igor.

I’m testing the ROV Outland 1000 umbilical (using sonar twisted pair) with 240 meters in length on BlueRov2.

I did another test with telephony cable, twisted pair with 30 meters in length and gave the same problem.

I get all the telemetry, but I can not video.

I have tested in all modes of QGC (normal, security and compatibility) and continue without video.

The version of QGC is 3.2.4 rev6

On this test you said to do, I do not know if I typed correctly, but returned “command not found”.

What can it be?

Best Regards,

Geraldo

Patrick,

I got to read at the terminal!

Appeared “/ dev / video0”

I think you recognized the camera.

Geraldo

How do I do that?

Geraldo

@geraldof1975 was the video ever working before you made your modifications? You should not have to adjust anything on the ROV side. Please make sure you have followed the network setup, and try the troubleshooting instructions.

Hi Patrick,

We discovered the problem!

After several tests, the problem was the USB camera that we had changed and we had only tested by connecting directly to the notebook.

Placed the original camera, it returned to work.

Thank you for your help!

Geraldo

Hi Geraldo,

Thank you for the update, but just to remember:

H.264 is the only format that is used by default in companion. It’s necessary to use compression formats to stream video to the surface, this helps to send data without shrugging with variable bandwidth, high quality images and limited hardware.

So, if the camera does not provide a H.264 format, it’ll be not recognized by companion.

I have the same problem, I can see the companin web interface on 192.168.2.2:2770 etc and have it connected to wifi, it has completed the pixhawk update but still just says waiting for video on qground control and no other information either eg, compass, etc. Any ideas, cheers.

Richard

@omniswamp, check the troubleshooting steps here: Redirecting...

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the troubleshooting link, turns out the antivirus was stopping the video, all good on the video front, but I can’t get any other connection to the rov. The QGroundcontrol just says waiting for vehicle connection. I can see the companion computer on the network and have video, What else am I doing wrong. Cheers Richard

Please check the “No Telemetry” session of our Troubleshooting guide.

I’d take a special look at the netmask and autopilot cables and connection.

1 Like