Video streaming is not working on Linux PC

I use QGC version 4.2.0 .
Video streaming and recording works on Windows, however don’t work video streaming on Ubuntu18.04.(but recording works)
Install dependencies is completed.
Also video setting video source:UDP h.264 Video Stream and port:5600 and in system webpage
H.264 video is detected and activated.

Video streaming is working in previous version(QGC).

Hi @yuki,

There seems to be a similar issue and a couple of potential solutions mentioned here:

It’s worth noting that Ubuntu 20.04 comes with gstreamer 1.16 by default, so if you don’t need to stay on 18.04 for a particular reason then it may be worth updating your OS.

I want to run it on Ubuntu 18.04. (because ROS ver etc.)
I run this command

LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=fakedriver ./QGroundControl)

however video stream is not working.(Display “Waiting for video”)

Can you try the following command line to check if you gstreamer installing is working and you are receiving the video ?
gst-launch-1.0 -vc udpsrc port=5600 close-socket=false auto-multicast=true ! application/x-rtp, payload=96 ! rtph264depay ! decodebin3 ! fpsdisplaysink sync=false

1 Like

This command return video in “OpenGL renderer” window (but not high quality).

Therefore video streaming maybe be working. (not display in QGC)

If the video is being received by gstreamer then it’s definitely a QGC issue. Are you able to switch back to an earlier version (e.g. try 4.1.4)?

Also, does your computer have a dual video adapter, or is your issue separate to the one I linked you to?

I got GCC compiler error when execute QGC 4.1.4 on Ubuntu 18.04, so I update from 4.0.~ to 4.2.0.
In QGC 4.0.~, video display works well.

My computer doesn’t have a dual video adapter.
I directly connect BlueROV2 default USB camera to raspberry pi USB.

That’s apparently a known issue, which could be fixed by building QGC yourself, but I’ve also asked internally if there’s some way to get an image available (I haven’t yet had a response). That said, we only actively support the latest stable version of operating systems (e.g. Ubuntu 20.04), so it’s possible we won’t be able to spend time/resources on sorting this out for you.

Good that it works correctly/as expected in 4.0.x. 4.2.0 isn’t a version we’ve tested extensively yet, and it’s not the version we recommend. I’ve asked previously whether we should move to 4.2 but was told at the time that it likely requires some changes before we can recommend it.

If possible, you may need to stay on 4.0.5 for now, or try building 4.1.4.

Following up on this, can you try the new 4.1.5 release? It should fix that issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4.1.5 works well ! Thanks !

1 Like