Telemetry stuck at "gettings parms"

Hi, I’ve got a Navigator + Raspberry PI 4 that i try to integrate in my new USV and control it with a RFD868x modem and Mission Planner but when i try to connect, it gets stuck at “Getting params” forever, I still have the data coming in from the navigator (roll/GPS/bat…) but refuse to go further.

My RFD868x is plugged on the serial 1, here the parameters:

SERIAL1_PROTOCOL = 2 (Mavlink 2)
SERIAL1_BAUD = 57600
SERIAL1OPTIONS = None

I use the latest version of Ardupilote 4.2.3 (Stable) and BlueOS 1.1.1

I have another USV that works fine with Pixhawk 4 and RFD900, so here are the things I tried :

• Using the RDF868x and wires with the “old USV” = working with the same computer

• Using the RFD900 and wires with the Navigator = Not working, stuck at “getting params”

• I tried to invert the Rx Tx hardware and/or software.

• I triple checked my port com.

• Tried to set the baud at 115200

• Tried to come back to the factory version of BlueOS

• Tried with an other computer

When I use an ethernet connection between my computer and the Raspberry, everything seems to work on mission planner via the UDP port.

-Here are the setting in BlueOS Endpoints:

The only way i find to make the parameters downloading via the RDF868x is to set everything on the serial5, pluggin it. It seems to work at first but when i restart the USV, the Navigator doesn’t want to initialise (no led status and no sound and can’t connect even with the ethernet). To fix it i have to unplug the RFD868x from the serial5, 1 seconds later sound and light pop up from the Navigator, if I plug it back, the telemetry works again but the next start will come with the same problem.

I also had the blueOS version going back few times to the factory version with an error message saying that somthing went wrong, i’m not sure if this is related.

I’m out of ideas, any help is welcome.

Aurélien

Hi @Aurelien,

I’m not sure if you’ve ended up resolving this, but I just came across it and realised I never sent the reply I intended to.

I don’t have experience with radio setups, but from my initial thoughts at the time:

• The protocol should maybe be RCIN instead of MAVLink2
  • It may work better to use Serial3 instead of 1/5

And from some internal discussion: