Source code of QGroundControl in Windows

Hi,
I have purchased a BlueROV2 kit and testing started by using QGroundControl v3.2.4 - BlueRobotics Rev3 to operate it (using under Windows 10 platform). Could you please help me to get the source code of this version of QGroundControl in Windows 10?

Hi @JosephAlex,

You can check the source code in GitHub, take a look here if you need a specific release.

Thanks.
But when I compiled the source code of QGroundControl v3.2.4 in Qt 5.9.2 it gives me an error as : “dependent ‘
\qgroundcontrol-3.2.4-BlueRobotics-Rev3\libs\mavlink\include\mavlink\v2.0\ardupilotmega\mavlink.h’ does not exist”. Actually the file is present in the said folder. Could you please help me to rectify the error?

1 Like

Check the README, did you update the submodules after the clone ?

git clone https://github.com/bluerobotics/qgroundcontrol
git submodule init
git submodule update
1 Like

Hi Patrick, Thanks for your quick response.
But I am trying to set up the solution in Windows. Can you suggest the solution for that?

Right now the submodules are not included in source code releases, you’ll need to download and install git or download each submodule in the correct place with the correct version.

Thanks. I updated the modules. Now the error coming is “Error: C1189 : Qt requires a C++11 compiler and yours does not seem to be that.”. I am building the code in MSVC2015 with 32-bit.

Are you building with Qt Creator ?

bulding the source code with the following:

Today the error reported is as follows :
jom: C:\Users\joby\build-qgroundcontrol-Desktop_Qt_5_9_2_MSVC2015_32bit-Debug\Makefile [debug] Error 2
10:43:12: The process “C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe” exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project qgroundcontrol (kit: Desktop Qt 5.9.2 MSVC2015 32bit)
The kit Desktop Qt 5.9.2 MSVC2015 32bit has configuration issues which might be the root cause for this problem.
When executing step “Make”
10:43:12: Elapsed time: 00:06.

Like the error message says, try to check your kit for misconfiguration.

Hope the assumption is correct. While going thru the “Build & Run” settings of Qt, I got the following error:

Since I am new to Qt, I feel some difficulty to correct it.

For readability I am writing the error message once more.
The Compiler “Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler 11.0 (x86_amd64)” (x86-windows-msvc2012-pe-64bit) cannot produce code for the Qt version “Qt 5.9.2 MSVC2015 32bit” (x86-windows-msvc2015-pe-32bit).

You need the 32-bit compiler to build a 32-bit application, do you have the msvc2015 compiler for 32-bits ?
Take a look in Qt creator manual to configurate your IDE properly.

1 Like

Now I installed Visual Studio 2015 with 32 - bits. Successfully compiled sample projects after setting the compiler as MSVC 14.0 (x86). And then tried to compile source code of BlueROV2. Now I am getting the following as “Compile Output”.
/**************************************************/
11:17:55: Running steps for project qgroundcontrol

11:17:55: Skipping disabled step Make.
11:17:55: Starting: “C:\Qt\5.9.2\msvc2015\bin\qmake.exe” “F:\CVS_Local\ROS1\24-11-2017 Blue Robotics\Development\11-01-2018\qgroundcontrol\qgroundcontrol.pro” -spec win32-msvc “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug”
Info: creating stash file F:\CVS_Local\ROS1\24-11-2017 Blue Robotics\Development\11-01-2018\build-qgroundcontrol-Desktop_Qt_5_9_2_MSVC2015_32bit-Debug.qmake.stash
git: ‘Blue’ is not a git command. See ‘git --help’.

The most similar command is
pull

pull

pull

pull

pull

pull

pull

pull

pull

pull

pull

pull
Project MESSAGE: Qt version 5.9.2
Project MESSAGE: Windows build
Project MESSAGE: QGroundControl Development :
Project MESSAGE: Debug flavor
Project MESSAGE: Using Default QtLocation headers
Project MESSAGE: Using MAVLink dialect ‘ardupilotmega’.
Project MESSAGE: Skipping support for Zeroconf (unsupported platform)
Project MESSAGE: Skipping support for video streaming (GStreamer libraries not installed)
Project MESSAGE: You can download it from //gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/windows/
Project MESSAGE: Select the devel AND runtime packages and install them (x86, not the 64-Bit)
Project MESSAGE: It will be installed in C:/gstreamer. You need to update you PATH to point to the bin directory.
11:18:31: The process “C:\Qt\5.9.2\msvc2015\bin\qmake.exe” exited normally.
11:18:31: Starting: “C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe” qmake_all

jom 1.1.2 - empower your cores

11:18:31: The process “C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe” exited normally.
11:18:31: Elapsed time: 00:36.
/**************************************************/

What commit are you using, and can you try with Qt 5.9.3?

Thanks Jacob. Now I am able to execute from QtCreator environment.
Now I tried to execute the exe file in the Debug folder (
\build-qgroundcontrol-Desktop_Qt_5_9_3_MSVC2015_32bit2-Debug\debug\QGroundControl.exe) it shows the following dlls are not found : Qt5OpenGLd.dll, Qt5Quickd.dll, Qt5QuickWidgetsd.dll and Qt5Locationd.dll .

Now I am working with the version of QGroundControl 3.2.7 and Qt 5.9.3.

Take a look here for path requirements and deployment for Windows. Check your PATH variable, this dll need to be there.