RCIN receiver input

Hi

Just wondering is it possible to use an RCIN or a RC Receiver with Ardusub?

I see written on the Doc that Ardusub doesn’t support RCIN (like ardurover or copter do), so more of a question of if the code itself is deleted or just disabled. I have looked at the parameters there doesn’t seem to be a tickbox or anything simple.

I am using it in a boat (vectored) configuration, i acknowledge that it is not the optimum setup but it is working great (over sik radio) and has some functions eg stabilised mode that suit my need well. I am not running on waypoints yet,
I see some people have had mixed results with this.

I also like the connection to raspi for extra sensor integration at a later date.

I have been running ardurover until recently which was working well but wanted to try a vectored setup for extra manoeuvrability.

Any help would be great.

The code has been deleted. ArduSub has no concept of RC receivers. I’ve made a feature request in the Ardupilot repository to add support for vectored configuration in ArduRover/ArduBoat.

https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/7481

Ok, thanks.

I suspected it was deleted. I was mainly chasing the RCIN as a way of controlling the boat in an offline type situation, RC controller only.

Thanks for posting that request on Github.

Ardurover has made some solid improvements in the last release, a frame type matrix such as ardusub would be great for vectored and custom configurations.

Thanks to you and your team for the great work you guys do, I look forward to the rest of 2018 to see what products Bluerobotics come up with.

2 Likes

Is there any way to get RC control?

Because i would just tether frsky transmitter(need only ground and signal) to buoy and problem solved. I tried it with long cable and it works.

Did old firmware have rc control, if so does anyone have it and can upload ?
And how hard would it be to modify code to get rc, i guess it would be time consuming even for developers ?

Can somebody make custom code with RC control and not joystick because i want to use taranis so i dont need laptop?

If there is some dev with free time who could do this i would appreciate it very much.

There is currently no support for RC control, and I don’t have any intention of adding it. Ardusub is targeted at submersible vehicles, and RF does not penetrate water.

OK then i will have to go with joystick, but i just wanted to use components that i already have and didnt need to buy anything.

But its possible to use RC if transmitter is on a buoy above water, just google Gladius Ultra Underwater Drone and you will see that those guys did it.
I wanted to copy their approach because its simpler for me.

And is there anyone who could add RC control code to ardusub, it doesnt need to be your official release and i could test it?
Sorry for bothering this much.

I would also like to find the code for it as well.

So would I…

Please dont take this the wrong way, but it is a bit simplistic (purist) to say RF doesn’t penetrate water so therefore no support for Rx. ROVs all rely on communication via a tether to the surface so why not the Rx and GPS signal too?

Where else do those of us who what RX support plus sonar support go if it is not ArduSub? Happy to go somewhere else if someone can point me in the right direction.

Keep up the good work guys

Hi all,

Has this progressed anywhere. I am def keen to use RF/Gps in an ardusub application. I would be very grateful for guidance in tracking down some software to test with config I’ve built.

Thanks and cheers,

Dan