Our Original Watertight Enclosure Designs Are Now Open Source

As someone who’s driven by helping others, and a big fan of the efficiencies and reduced redundant work that comes from sharing knowledge, this is something I’m personally quite excited about :slight_smile:

While public design files and basic technical details were also available while we we were selling these products, providing our internal design files under an explicitly public license opens up opportunities for hobbyists and commercial users alike to create custom enclosure designs that can start from a well-tested basis, instead of from scratch. Hopefully that can help with ongoing efforts like this one, and any others to come.

I’ve said before that

While our continuous developments definitely contribute to our mission, it’s also important not to waste the design and evaluation efforts that have already been made (which is part of the idea behind the Technical Reference - I’ll be adding these files there soon). Opening up these designs is one more way of bringing the community with us on our journey, and allows us to share knowledge instead of losing it, or hiding it away in an archive :slight_smile:

3 Likes