Error in 3D model?

I could totally be wrong or making a mistake here, but it seems to me that the flanges provided in the 3D model here:
https://cad.bluerobotics.com/WTE6-ASM-R1.zip
via this page here:

don’t actually match the flanges provided here:
https://cad.bluerobotics.com/WTE6-M-FLANGE-SEAL-R1.zip
on this page:

Asking because I’m designing a sensor tube and noted that the inside length of the enclosure didn’t match the one I have in front of me (granted, I bought it a year ago, but I’m not seeing revision changes or anything). My guess is that they mixed up the locking/non-locking flanges on the non-locking 3d model.

Hi @AddisonSnyder -
Unfortunately we’re not able to replicate what you’re seeing - perhaps the files got mixed up on your computer?

Your image shows a locking enclosure with a non-locking enclosure endcap…

Hello,

I believe there is either an error in your 3D files provided on the information page, the drawing found in the same information page, or the model you are supplying does not match the product on offer.

Please see attached images of the unmodified STEP file, and the image currently displayed on your product page. The inner length of the housing between flanges does not match specified design files.

Hi @Matt_Thigpen -
I could be mistaken, but it looks like the upper 3D model and pictures are are non-locking enclosures, and the drawing you reference on our website is for the locking enclosure series. These are thus different enclosures! We no longer sell the non-locking enclosure materials, but have open-sources the design. You can find 3D models on the Technical Reference page.

@tony-white

Unfortunately I am not the team member who completed the purchase just the designer provided files from your website. Is the purchase page shown for locking or non-locking? If this product is no longer available, what happens when I hit add to cart?

Perhaps the 3D model file can be removed from the product page to eliminate these errors in future?

For anyone who has similar issues:

The assembly step file “WTE6_ASM-R1.ZIP” found on the enclosure product page below has two incorrect O-ring flanges modeled in the assembly, despite having identical names to the correct part. The incorrect end cap solids are shown on the right hand side of the image provided.

This assembly step file IS NOT ACCURATE to any products that may have been delivered and should not be used as design reference.

The solid body found in “WTE6-M-FLANGE_SEAL-R1.ZIP” on the product page shown below IS accurate to the part provided, and will result in an accurate model to design from.

Hi @Matt_Thigpen -
My mistake, the 6 and 8 inch non-locking enclosures are still available- the smaller sizes have been discontinued.
The locking series of 6 and 8 inch is also available, and likely the cause for your issues! The correct 3D models are present on the pages- no cause for alarm!
The locking enclosures are found on the overall enclosure configurator, here. This is likely where your product was purchased from. The 3D models present are accurate, and also available on the technical reference page shared.
Older, non-locking with cast-acrylic tubes:

Newer, locking enclosures

I would bet you used 3D models from the dedicated product pages, and then the newer, locking style was purchased. Had you ordered the correct size, or had the correct models for your eventual purchase, the problems could have been avoided - apologies!

Hi Tony.

See my above post for where I sourced the model files from. I have confirmed that the non-locking flanges that we purchased do not match what is presented in your step assembly file. This is an internal issue you may want to pursue with your website team. All information needed for you to correct the information is located above.

Thank you for your time.
Matt T.

Hi @Matt_Thigpen -
I’m a bit confused. You’re saying this model of a non-locking enclosure flange does not match what was supplied to you, and you purchased non-locking flanges? I opened the model and confirmed it is the non-locking hardware displayed, however you are correct that the interior flange distance is not 228mm but 256.45mm - the length of these tubes has some tolerance as they are cut to length - unlike our machined locking enclosures.

This 2D drawing is of the non locking enclosure:

And this is the 2d Drawing of the locking version:

We’d be happy to correct any issues of course!

The issue is not with tube length tolerance. The two flanges are completely, totally different between the assembly step file and discreet part step file. If you can tell me the two flanges shown are identical I will retract all statements.

1 Like

Hi @Matt_Thigpen -
You’re absolutely right - this is a mistake! I apologize, I was not reviewing the situation with my full attention. We’ll fix ASAP - thanks so much for bringing to our attention!