Lowlight HD USB not working

Hi, I am using the lowlight HD USB camera with my ROV. The camera is working, however, when powering on the ROV, QGroundControl always says waiting for video. What can I do to fix this?

Thank you

Check here: Redirecting...

Have you ever updated the software in your ROV?

Hi, I just tried following that. When entering

~/companion/scripts/start_video.sh

I get the error

start video with width 1920 height 1080 framerate 30 device /dev/video1
No screen session found.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
ERROR: Pipeline doesn’t want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Cannot identify device ‘/dev/video1’.
Additional debug info:
v4l2_calls.c(606): gst_v4l2_open (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
system error: No such file or directory
Setting pipeline to NULL …
Freeing pipeline …
specified device /dev/video1 failed
ls: cannot access /dev/video*: No such file or directory
Failed to open /dev/video1: No such file or directory
attempting device /dev/video1 with width 1920 height 1080 framerate 30 options ! h264parse ! queue ! rtph264pay config-interval=10 pt=96 ! udpsink host=192.168.2.1 port=5600
Setting pipeline to PAUSED …
ERROR: Pipeline doesn’t want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Cannot identify device ‘/dev/video1’.
Additional debug info:
v4l2_calls.c(606): gst_v4l2_open (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
system error: No such file or directory
Setting pipeline to NULL …
Freeing pipeline …
Device is not capable of specified format, using device current settings instead

What should I do?

It looks like the camera is not plugged into the pi.

What does ls /dev/video* return?
How do you know that the camera is working?

I’ve tested the camera by plugging it in to my computer. I had to cut and resolder the USB cable that came with it for it to work where I need it, so I was worried that may have been the problem.

returns

ls: cannot access /dev/video*: No such file or directory

Did it show video in your computer? Does it still work in your computer? According to the output of the commands you have shown, the raspberry pi isn’t even aware that anything is plugged in (like a severed physical connection in the cable).

Hi, yes when plugging into my computer, it does show up on my computer, and streams video…

Ok, this isn’t adding up. If it works on your computer, it should be visible on the Pi. Can you do the ls /dev/video* command again in the Pi a few times while working the cable/connectors a little bit to see if it connects?

Maybe you need a new cable.

I just used a different cable. I think the other cable caused too much noise, which the computer was ok with but not the Raspberry Pi.

@reza please contact support@bluerobotics.com for a replacement if you received a defective part.