Home        Store        Docs        Blog

QGC Video Fail - Errors

(Drew Fulton) #1

I’m running a Ubuntu installation with the latest BR version of QGC and I can’t get any video. I’ve got control of the ROV and audio but no video. If I set a different IP or hostname to a different computer then that computer gets video fine so I’m thinking it is on the local side, not an ROV issue. In the console log of QGC I’m getting two error lines that just repeats over and over and over again.

[!] at /home/travis/build/bluerobotics/qgroundcontrol/src/VideoStreaming/VideoReceiver.cc:291 - "VideoReceiver::start() failed". Error with gst_element)factory_make('h264parse')"

[!] at /home/travis/build/bluerobotics/qgroundcontrol/src/VideoStreaming/VideoReceiver.cc:347 - "VideoReceiver::start() failed"

I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling. It’s worked before so I know it is possible. The only thing I can figure out that might have killed it is that I ran apt-get update and upgrade to update things and everything is up to date. I also installed mavproxy but I haven’t actually run it yet. It’s not crucial at the moment as I can sit here with my topside station and another laptop and I’m just testing in a pool so I can actually watch things easier than watching the camera but I need to get it figured out. Thanks!

(Jacob) #2

There exists additional dependencies on linux:

(Drew Fulton) #3

Thanks Jacob. I never thought about dependencies because I thought I had had it working previously. I’ll go get those installed now and see how it works in the morning. Thanks!

(Jacob) #4

:vulcan_salute:

(Drew Fulton) #5

I now have the beautiful picture. Thanks for the assist!