hey gang I got my ROV running again and I want to post this in case it will help anyone else.
First of all Im fairly certain that is was the pix.#file that comes along with QGC that was the problem.
Im using a new Levono 3&1 laptop with windows 10 and its brand new purchased just for the BlueRov2
I used the QGC that was available and the ardusub that the pixhawk came with and I did dive with it once with almost no problems. Then I saw here that a new stable build of ardusub was available and a daily build of QGC came out to fix some issues. That’s when my problems started. I was loosing signal, lights were not working, the ROV wouldn’t arm, the pixhawk was not happy and had red lights blinking.
To make this as short as possible let me just say that windows users have to go through some special steps in order to get the new QGC installed and the stable build of ardusub.
Here’s what I did to fix my ROV.
I downloaded the latest daily build of QGC and the stable build of ardusub.
When I installed a new version of QGC I went to apps and un-installed it. But when I installed a new version aof QCG a screen popped up asking me to repair or remove the pix.# and the install tab was not available to click for some reason. That I think was the problem since I needed to install a new pix.# file
What I did was buy a brand new 8 GB micro SD card from Best Buy for a whooping $11, since I had already messed with the other one I though I would buy new one and install it in my Pixhawk
Then I un-installed QGC and re-booted my pc
Then I pretended to install the latest daily build of QGC until the screen came up of pixhawk asking me to repair or remove the pix.# file. I choose remove and then rebooted the pc once again.
After rebooting I installed once again the latest daily build of QGC and then it asked to install the new pixhawk file on the pc. Which I did and it looked like a brand new install and then it completed the installation of QGC as well.
I connected the pixhawk directly to my pc via a micro usb to flash the pixhawk. Please watch Jacob’s step by step procedure for flashing one. I installed the stable build of ardusub and the parameter files. After thats all done the joystick is disabled and will have to be calibrated then QGC will work.
Now it all works beautifully. I did loose connection a few times for just a split second but it seems that is not an isolated problem and it re-connects immediately.
So my thoughts are that since I was not able to install the pix.# file since the screen menu wouldn’t let me I was just repairing and that left and incomparable file in place. I powered and de-powered the ROV for about 10 times to verify that all worked well and it did.
It’s all fixed now.