Issue with Waf Upload Sub

Hey !
So, I’ve been trying to use the command
./waf --upload sub
and the command line just displays the following and doesn’t update even after 15mins.
What can be the possible fix for this?

I am using a Pixhawk px4 2.4.8.
Please help me out!
Thanks !

Hi @Avaneesh_chitta, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

The status message in your screenshot suggests

If the board does not respond within 1-2 seconds, unplug and re-plug the USB connector.

Did you try that?

If this was at the end of the flashing process it should also work to restart / power cycle your full vehicle/system, after which hopefully the flight controller board will be re-detected with the autopilot firmware you flashed onto it.

Yes I tried that.
I tried unplugging and replugging it several times.
But yet, it didn’t work.

I also wanted to know, if sub libraries are mandatory for the motor connections of the Pixhawk to run ?.
Is it step Mandatory ?

Does it have a secondary power supply? The bootloader typically only starts when the flight controller is power cycled, so if it’s still connected to power while the USB connector is unplugged then that won’t happen.

I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking about here. The autopilot’s translation of control inputs to actuator outputs is handled by the vehicle-type-specific libraries, so if you want ArduSub-style control then you need to include the relevant ArduSub libraries.

No, the Pixhawk is currently only connected via the USB and not any secondary power supply.

For the second question, yes that is the answer I was expecting. Thank you

Hi Eliot !
Please help us out in figuring out the process.
We’ve tried re-doing the entire process, but we’re encountering the same problem again and again.
I also tried changing the USB cable, but there’s no luck.

Hi Eliot !
Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make this work.
We’re stuck at the same stage since 4 days.
I also tried changing the USB cable, but there’s no luck.

Thanks!

If it’s telling you the upload succeeded and it’s just failing to load the firmware, then maybe there’s an issue with the firmware itself?

Have you tried just flashing on a standard firmware version, both through an application (like QGroundControl), and using waf?

If no flashing is working (including known good firmwares) then there’s likely something wrong with some of your hardware, be that

I’ve asked our main ArduSub developer if he has any additional thoughts, but it’s hard to provide insight on an issue like this without any kind of error messages or detailed information about the approaches you’ve tried.