GoPRO 10 Placement with gripper?

Hi

With the gripper mounted as described the GoPro mount does not fit anymore. So, where do you guys place a gopro? My first though is on the blue floating thing cover on the top of the rov. Drill a hole and mount a gopro 3d printed mount. What do you guys do? Images? inspiration?

Trying this now, waiting for 3d printer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi @thorleif,

@btrue seems to have it mounted in the normal place in this post - not sure if he’s actually got some custom setup.

If you’ve ended up with some alternative solution then I’d recommend sharing it on printables, if you want others to be able to make use of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do have mine in the recommended location. It’s a tight fit and the tips of the gripper jaws can block the camera view a little.

I got the camera mount from the BlueRobotics Store (I think it is now discontinued) and this is a GoPro 4 Silver with the battery backpack and official GoPro brand dive housing.

Have you thought about just drilling a 1/4" hole and using a easy to find 1/4-20 camera mount adapter?

Amazon.com: GEPULY 6PCS 1/4’’ Mini Tripod Mount Adapter, 1/4-20 Thumbscrew for GoPro Hero 12/11/10/9/8/7/6, DJI OSMO Action AKASO Insta 360,Applicable for Tripod Selfie Stick Monopod and DSLR Camera Flash : Electronics

Another option might be a short extension arm like this:
Amazon.com : TOZ TZN-S03 Universal Rotary Extension Arm Mount Set for Gopro Hero 4 3 3+ 2 1, GoPro Accessories Kit Extension Arm Adapter Pivot Arm Thumbscrew : Electronics

1 Like

We have retired it from our store, but also made the model available for 3D printing :slight_smile:

1 Like