Error msg: vehicle 1 did not respond to request to parameters

what does this error mean? what do i need to do?

Hello, this usually indicates some sort of communication problem. Are you still having trouble?

hello!

we’re experiencing the same problem. may i know how you fixed it if you have fixed it?

just wondering, we deployed our ROV in the ocean. however, the spool Binder 77 connector got wet and wr couldn’t connect to qgc anymore. is the connector not that strong against saltwater?

@spicefoo I recommend rechecking to make sure all your data connection wires (blue/blue-white pair) are secure and not loose.

The Binder 770 connectors are IP67 splashproof when mated. I recommend inspecting your connectors and if they are corroded, either clean or replace.

In case it helps someone else: This error came up while on the water yesterday. Ultimately the error was I entered the static IP address incorrectly as 192.168.2.2 (vs 192.168.2.1). During computer start-up the computer did a windows update and wiped the static IP config and I needed to enter it again on the boat. Obviously I did it wrong.

With this incorrect IP address Q Ground Control was able to see the ROV but the ROV would not respond to commands or send video. The magnetic heading and attitude was transmitted. So this is at least one way to get this error. Hopefully this saves the next guy a few hours of troubleshooting.

1 Like