ROV2 Disconnect

ROV with QGC suddenly disconnected, though they had connected 10minutes ago. QGC displays “Waiting For Vehicle Connection”, “WAITING FOR VIDEO”. I checked that the Ethernet port was connected to my computer. Mini-USB and Fathom-X Tether are also connected. The battery of ROV is charged. When I rebooted ROV, the center LED of PixHawk flash red and then yellow, and finally blue keeping flash.
Version of QGC was v3.2.4-Rev1.Though I installed the latest version (v3.2.4-BlueRobotics-Rev2), It does not improve.I tried another computer.
Please tell me solution of this problem.

And I can’t get a ping response(192.168.2.2).

If you cannot ping 192.168.2.2, then your computer can’t see the ROV on the network.

Can you please connect the ROV, open a command prompt and show me the output of the ipconfig command? This will show if you have your network set up correctly (192.168.2.1 static ip address on the ethernet port).

If you don’t see anything that says 192.168.2.1 in the output, then you need to set up your network.

If you do see a line that says 192.168.2.1, then this is probably a hardware issue. At this point the first thing I would test is bypassing the tether and Fathom X interface boards with an Ethernet patch cable between the computer and the Raspberry Pi computer in the ROV.

Thanks for your reply.
I could see 192.168.2.1 in the output of the ipconfig. Then I bypassed the tether and Fathom X interface boards with an Ethernet patch cable between the computer and the Raspberry Pi computer in the ROV. That is to say I connected my computer to the Raspberry Pi directly. But the situation doesn’t go well.QGC displays “Waiting For Vehicle Connection”, and I cannot ping 192.168.2.2.
By the way,I connected a display to the Raspberry Pi with HDMI cable. I can’t get any signal.
What can I do?

When the ROV is powered on, do you see any lights in the circled areas? If so, what color?

R1225826-01

I can’t see any lights.

@PorcoRosso Do you see any wires connected to the pins circled here? This is where the Raspberry Pi receives power.

R1225826-01

I can see Black-Red wire, its connected the Raspberry Pi to regulator “Hobbywing”.

Can you take a picture of the connection?

If you have a multimeter, please unplug the red/black wire from the Pi and measure the voltage on the two wires.

Please make sure the other wires on the hobbywing regulator are both connected securely to the power screw-terminal blocks that distribute voltage from the battery.

I measured the voltage on the two wires, it is 0V.
And I also measured the voltage on the two screw-terminal blocks, it is 16V.
Is it contact fault of regulator? or damage of regulator?

When I have exchanged the regulator for a new one, the ROV went well.
Thank you so much.

@PorcoRosso Good! Email support@bluerobotics.com, and we can send you a replacement regulator.

1 Like

I am having the same problem up until the point of the the raspberry pi not being powered. I have a red steady light and a green flashing and then steady light on the raspberry, and even when connected directly to it from my computer I cannot ping it. firewall is off, network set up properly. thanks.

Hi @sebastian, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Red steady light is “power is available and stable in the valid range”, and the green light flashes when SD card activity is ongoing.

Do you mean using an ethernet cable directly from your computer to the RPi, or something else?

I’d recommend you go through our troubleshooting guide, and see our software setup guide if you haven’t already been following it :slight_smile:

yeah sorry about that to clarify the rasp pi connected to the computer with an ethernet cable. I went through the troubleshooting guide, and I’ve gotten stuck here. maybe I missed something

Did you get the Raspberry Pi from us? I’m curious as to what software/OS is running on it. If the SD card is blank or corrupted then you won’t be able to ping it, so maybe try flashing the companion image directly onto the SD card, or try using a different SD card if flashing the current one doesn’t work? A starting point would be connecting the SD card to your computer and seeing if it gets detected (if not then it’s likely corrupted).

Alternatively if you’ve got a monitor and HDMI cable available you can connect that to the RPi and see what text appears when you power it on. If it’s saying things like Opening /dev/serial/by-id/... at 115200 bps then it’s got a companion image on it and something else is the problem. If it ends with raspberrypi login: it should at least have a valid image installed, but may need to enable ssh (or you could just flash the companion image as mentioned above). If nothing comes up at all then you likely need to flash an appropriate image onto the SD card, or need to replace the SD card if that one’s corrupted.

Also, if you didn’t get it from us, which model of Raspberry Pi are you using? We currently only fully support Raspberry Pi 3B, and that’s what our images are made for.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.