Cannot connect to the UPGS's IP address

My team got the underwater GPS today, and we were hoping to do a quick out of water test to make sure that we could connect to the device. We have the analog version of the product. The product manual seems a little lacking in setup directions, so we’re not sure if we are doing something wrong, or if there’s an issue with our product. When we go to access the webpage at 192.168.2.94, google chrome gives the error “This site cannot be reached”. Here is our procedure so far:

1. Connected the 4 receivers to their ports on the box (1, 2, 3, 4)
  2. Connected the Power cable to the box
  3. Connected the Ethernet cable to the box
  4. Connected wires on the locator to the binder connector (green to pin 7, white green to pin 8)
  5. Connected the locator’s binder connector to the box
  6. Flipped switch GP0 to the “off position” (switch is facing toward the side numbered with 1, 2, 3 and 4) and GP1 to the “on position” (toward the side that says ON6M)
  7. Connected the other side of the Ethernet cable to a windows PC
  8. Plugged the power cable into a 12V source, and turned the source on. The power supply reads that the GPS is drawing approximately 0.5A
  9. Opened google chrome, and typed 192.168.2.94 into the address bar
  10. After a few seconds, google chrome gave the error stated above

Is there anything that we are missing in this process? Does the GPS need some other data that we are not giving it to be able to access the web page? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Alex Sarasin

Have you set up a static ip address on your computer?

Open a command prompt, and enter these commands: ipconfig and ping 192.168.2.94. Copy and paste the output here.

I think the static IP address was our issue. My other team member just found instructions for setting a static IP in the BlueROV2 software setup guide (BlueROV2 Software Setup). After following those instructions, we were able to access the page. Thank you for your help!

1 Like