Camera connection lost

Hi

While we tested the blueos our camera’s connection went down after 1 min.

Core temp is 46.7 while testing.

How can we solve that?

Hi @ugurdemirezen,

Which BlueOS version was this in? Can you confirm whether this is still happening on the latest beta image (1.1.0-beta.9)?

I found it I will try and will tell you the result.

I connected two cameras but that is the result.

Do I have to do anything on qgc side?

Thanks!

From our Video page docs, the streams should be automatically configured when you turn on the vehicle (assuming the cameras are connected, and you haven’t previously removed the streams). If that doesn’t work as planned you can set up streams via the “add stream” button on the camera(s) you want to stream from, after which it should become available from QGC if you configured the streams using the correct topside IP address.

You generally shouldn’t need to do anything special in QGC to receive a stream, no.

It only appears on the interface for 10-15 seconds. Then it hangs and shuts down. And then in the video section, it seems that the camera connection has been deleted.

I flashed a new sd card the [1.1.0-beta.9].

What should I do?

Thanks!

My main thoughts/queries are:

1. Are you using QGC 4.2.3?
  2. Is your power supply capable of stably powering your camera setup?
  3. Is your camera sufficiently cool, or could it be overheating?

Two weeks ago, I lost video stream. The camera’s USB cable was pulling tight when the servo was at full tilt and eventually had created a loose connection.

Has there been any development on these topic?

I am experiencing the same issue. Camera works for a little while (quite laggy), then the stream is lost and behaves intermittent as if the USB cable was failing. After further examination, the cable is in good working order.

My context:
We are running with an older version of BR2 (+4 years old) in heavy config.
It has a RPi 3B and Pixhawk.
It was being used with the latest stable version of Companion and pixhawk, with this, the camera works well there.
Tried updating to BlueOS stable 1.0.1 as well as 1.1.0 beta21.
When BlueOS was installed, we have full control of the ROV and heartbeat is stable. The only thing having issues is the Video feed.
Tried enabling and disabling legacy mode and erasing existing streams and adding them again.

After these problem I was forced to revert to companion since I need the ROV in stable operation for work. Video stream works fine again with it.

Hi @JDP,

The problem @ugurdemirezen described seems to be (now) a solved one, caused by our backend stream service missing some MAVLink messages, creating instability with QGC. If not, we’d need more info to reproduce it.

The problem you are describing seems to be another one (since Apr '23), caused by a misconfiguration of a kernel driver created by any BlueOS between 1.1.0-beta.19 and 1.1.0-beta.23. We are working on an automatic solution for it, the progress and details can be tracked here.

Thank you for the detailed context, it would have been impossible to trace down the bug without it. The next beta (and also soon the next stable) will have it fixed. I hope you can go back to BlueOS soon!

2 Likes