BlueROV2 on order

Well, finally got the boss to push the button, been suggesting for over a year now. We typically use Deep Ocean Eng. Phantoms, VideoRay and occasionally my personnel DeepTrekker. Already 2 tunnel jobs with profiling sonar on the list of things to do starting first week of June. One question, how do I record video with the overlay. I am assuming I will need a separate HDMI recording device (mainly because that is what a friend recommended) just asking what other options are out there. We are a commercial diving/ROV firm, it is imperative to have the data recorded.

Hi Craig, we use Avermedia GameCapture HD 2 units, connected to the PC via a HDMI cable. The capture units use a USB thumbdrive as recording media, or you can also install a HDD into them.

1 Like

All you need is to buy and download a screen record program and you have solved the problem.

SHS

It does seem like a good idea to push that processing off to a box that records from hdmi. It’s another thing to buy/carry/power, but probably a good option to keep in mind.

I went ahead and pushed the button on this, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JVLLW1M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Will probably do the trick, and has the added feature of audio. Not to worried about a compact setup, I am putting the control system into a 10U SKB rack case and the recorder will have it’s own 20" flat screen which works best for clients standing over my shoulder.

Except that it uses PC resources and that can be an issue on some machines