Screen recording & co

Hi all,

nice forum - i really enjoy reading here.

i’m a newbie in this topic - but we already got the BROV2 shipped. assembling will happen on friday.

and because i cant wait to try everything out i would like to ask a few questions:

• is it possible to record the video footage (on the ROV or on the Laptop)?
  • is it possible to record the screen from the QGrundControl out of the box - or do i need 3rd party software
  • can i use the dive log files to add them to a recorded video (see point 1) as an overlay using DashWare or a similar tool (i used this to rc drone videos and so on)
  • tether quick connect (must have for the future) - anyone build something affordable?

we are scuba instructors, hobby divers and we are looking forward to search wrecks in croatia and we would like to document in the case we find something. infos like depth, heading, temperature battery would be nice to see on the video

looking forward to “hear” from you guys.

greetings from Austria

Didi

Hi @Dpichler, welcome.

• is it possible to record the video footage (on the ROV or on the Laptop)?

Yes.

• is it possible to record the screen from the QGrundControl out of the box - or do i need 3rd party software

QGC can do it for you.

• can i use the dive log files to add them to a recorded video (see point 1) as an overlay using DashWare or a similar tool (i used this to rc drone videos and so on)

It’s possible, but Blue Robotics does not currently have a recommended/supported solution. If you have done this with ArduPilot drones before, then the same method you have used will probably work with ArduSub. @etienne has recently released his own third party software package to do this.

• tether quick connect (must have for the future) - anyone build something affordable?

Try searching the forums.

1 Like

Hi,

i’m ready reading tons of articles here - about the tether QC but looks as its a) not as easy and b) too expensive :slight_smile: the water proof connectors i found on the internet are somehow water proof - but most of them do not have a depth rating. is there a std i can look for - like the IP69 or so?

try and error would cost lots of time and of course some bucks :smiley:

i’ll start with the fix tether to learn everything about my BROV2 - everything else is a “nice to have”.

my drone experience is mainly based on DJI stuff - but i’ll work on this as soon as i have some log files.

thx for the warm welcome

didi

1 Like

Just an update from my end (to myself)

• tether topic researched on the forum, now trying to get the seacon stuff for a fair price in Europe, online they would charge 40 bucks or so for shipping :open_mouth:

• video recording button found, but it’s „only“ the video stream without GUI - or?

• telemetry data overlay: found a nice how to - going to work on this after our maiden dive this weekend. If someone is interested on the how to: [TUTORIAL] HowTo put telemetry overlays from APM/Pixhawk vehicles on videos using Dashware - YouTube

• it’s so a nice piece of technology :heart_eyes:

Best regards

Didi

Hi Didi,

Have you got the overlay data working?

Hi,
Not enough time right now - but I will try soon … playing with final rov setup - lights and gripper just arrived :ok_hand:

Didi,

Seacon makes the MCBH8F in aluminum. This is what you want to put into the bulkhead, to prevent galvanic corrosion associated with the brass or stainless steel version. The aluminum version can be ordered from www.amronintl.com, and the model number is MCBH8FAS.

The complete list of connector parts required are:

MCIL8M
MCBH8FAS (non-cancelable, non-returnable)
MCDC8M
MCDC8F
MCDLS-F
BNWA (non-cancelable, non-returnable) (This is a brass nut and washer and actually needs to be ordered in aluminum, but I have not found a source yet.)

You will then need to pot the tether-to-MCIL8M connection. I have not come to a conclusion on potting material yet, though others can chime in.