Blueboat camera installation

Hi colleagues. We have a project with one University in Lithuania. They are asking if we can install a camera to Blueboat and make some videos for them… Unfortunately I’m not a big expert in electronics, so maybe somebody try to make something similar with Blueboat and can advise ? Our idea is to use SIYI A2 mini camera.
Any idea or advise really appreciated.

Hi @aleksandr-5980 -
That camera appears to not be a digital USB or Ethernet type, but analog. To view the video from it requires a dedicated video transmitter, and a compatible receiver, which is available from the manufacturer.
This could work, but would not provide video recording or integration into BlueOS in any way.
We typically recommend IP cameras that provide a h264 stream via RTSP. We’ve not tested this camera, but it is a potential option if you’d like stabilization. USB cameras that support h264 stream and UVC driver are also supported.

This camera work for live viewing but not for recording anything.
It is not really waterproof either. They told me the connector cannot go in water.
Finally, to access the gimbal you need to install SiyiQGC build. No customization with this. They don’t share the code for rebuilding qgc.
That being said. I use it for FPV on my boogie board and I am happy with the quality of the image.

We mounted a deepwater exploration usb camera to our blueboats. We used a 4 pin cobalt connector in the hatch for quick disconnect and plug the hatch end right into the navigator. Video shows up in qgc or cockpit.

If you want to save some cash you can use a wetlink penetrator vs the cobalt connector.

It’s worth noting that for USB devices, you need the cable used with cobalt connector(s) to have the data lines twisted together! Standard pre-terminated Blue Trails cables may not have this by default…

Hi Tony,
Thank you very much for information. We are looking now for best option, unfortunately our partners dont have a big budget and asked to find something cheaper, but for future I think that camera will be a good option.

Hi Ian,
Maybe you have couple of pictures how you mounted your camera to BB?

Here are a couple pics…the cameras are mounted on the front crossmemmbers on some custom mounts.