Vectored thruster orientation

Hi Eliot,

Many thanks for this. I usually load the default parameters for BR2 Heavy which change those values automatically.

All 8 thrusters seem to be behaving properly now.

I’ll be trying it in our tank on Monday.

Cheers,
E.

1 Like

Hello Again,

I was able to give it a test today, thrusters seem to be responding as they should.

Having more issues:

• Depth sensor is not detected. Tried 2 different pixhawk and depth sensors.
  • When I load my custom frame, I get a message that the light parameters are not found and I can’t set the lights to anything else other than disabled.

Cheers,
E.

Did you build off ArduSub-stable, or ArduSub-beta / master?

Hmm, that’s odd, although if you’re using a beta or master branch firmware build it’s possible the parameters have changed, which may not be reflected in the version of QGC you’re using.

I am following this:
When I run this command
I get this:

edemers75@MSI:~/ardupilot$ git checkout ArduSub-stable -b new-branch
warning: unable to rmdir ‘modules/CrashDebug’: Directory not empty
warning: unable to rmdir ‘modules/DroneCAN/DSDL’: Directory not empty
warning: unable to rmdir ‘modules/DroneCAN/dronecan_dsdlc’: Directory not empty
warning: unable to rmdir ‘modules/DroneCAN/libcanard’: Directory not empty
warning: unable to rmdir ‘modules/DroneCAN/pydronecan’: Directory not empty
warning: unable to rmdir ‘modules/gsoap’: Directory not empty
M modules/ChibiOS
M modules/gbenchmark
M modules/gtest
M modules/mavlink
M modules/uavcan
M modules/waf
Switched to a new branch ‘new-branch’

Not sure if the warnings are important or not.

When I run this command
I get this:

edemers75@MSI:~/ardupilot$ git submodule update --init --recursive
Submodule ‘modules/libcanard’ (git://github.com/ArduPilot/libcanard.git) registered for path ‘modules/libcanard’
Cloning into ‘/home/edemers75/ardupilot/modules/libcanard’…
fatal: remote error:
The unauthenticated git protocol on port 9418 is no longer supported.
Please see Improving Git protocol security on GitHub - The GitHub Blog for more information.
fatal: clone of ‘git://github.com/ArduPilot/libcanard.git’ into submodule path ‘/home/edemers75/ardupilot/modules/libcanard’ failed
Failed to clone ‘modules/libcanard’. Retry scheduled
Cloning into ‘/home/edemers75/ardupilot/modules/libcanard’…
fatal: remote error:
The unauthenticated git protocol on port 9418 is no longer supported.
Please see Improving Git protocol security on GitHub - The GitHub Blog for more information.
fatal: clone of ‘git://github.com/ArduPilot/libcanard.git’ into submodule path ‘/home/edemers75/ardupilot/modules/libcanard’ failed
Failed to clone ‘modules/libcanard’ a second time, aborting

Not sure if after all these errors I am getting the right ardusub version.

Cheers,
E.

I am using the latest version from the link on your website for windows.

That shouldn’t be particularly problematic, it’s just some (unused) submodule folders that get left over from the branch switch, since master has some new submodules that aren’t in the Sub-4.0 branch (which the ArduSub-stable tag is currently sourced from). It’s best to avoid adding them to the tracked history and committing them, but even if you do accidentally do that they still wouldn’t have any code that actually tries to use them.

Ahh yes, that’s an issue that came up recently, and it’s an actual error, so it could stop things from working properly (in particular, because the submodules don’t get updated to track the branch, they would still be on the newer versions from master, which may have functionality differences). We unfortunately haven’t yet had the time to fix it properly, but that comment covers a workaround that can be used in the meantime.

Do you have a link so I can download the code manually?

I’ve zipped the repo at ArduSub-stable here, but it’s ~500MB to download, and because it was cloned directly from the ArduPilot repo you should be able to test with it but won’t be able to push changes to your own remote, or make pull requests.

That’s probably not particularly important though, since once you’ve confirmed your configuration works the way you want it to you can move the changes over to your own repo (off your master branch) and pull request from there :slight_smile:

Hello again,

I downloaded the file and copied it to my ubuntu wsl via file explorer.

Now I get this when I try to compile:

Sorry for all the questions, I am not a linux guy and just feeling my way around.

Did you follow the build environment setup? That uses sudo internally, which I would expect should mean there shouldn’t be permission issues at this stage. If you have already installed the prerequisites then maybe try chmod +x waf, but it shouldn’t be necessary (waf should already be executable by default).

I did initially but do I need to do it again with the files you sent? Is waf stored inside ardupilot folders?

looks like I don’t have permission for anything. :face_with_head_bandage:

The master branch has different prerequisites to the ArduSub-stable tag.

Yes.

Can you try running with sudo? It should ask you to put your password in.
e.g. run

sudo Tools/environment_install/install-prereqs-ubuntu.sh -y

hi im chris. i take over the the project and we are trying with a different approach using a linux computer. do you have experienced this issue before?

that is the result when i try to compile.

Hi @Christopher, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I have not experienced that issue before, but from your traceback:

• The error you’re getting is that collections has no MutableSequence, which is a class that was removed in Python 3.3, so is presumably trying to run Python 2.7 code with a more recent Python 3 version
  • It seems a bit odd that you’re running from inside your Downloads folder - did you get the code via git, or did you use some other approach?

I expect the issue here is some missing or incorrect setup. If it’s helpful the Linux instructions are provided as direct steps here :slight_smile:

If that doesn’t work, please specify which Linux version you’re using, and any error messages you receive in the code fetching / compilation processes.

i tried to use the ardusub-stable file you provided in this discussion. anyways i tried the instructions you provide. is this fine? im on the part where the code is Tools/environment_install/install-prereqs-ubuntu.sh -y

btw, im at this part of the instruction.

im using ubuntu 22.04 LTS, Linux Kernel Version Number is 5.15.0-27-generic.
i tried to redo the process by cloning the main repository and not by fork. this is the error message.

Even the master branch doesn’t seem fully updated for 22.04 yet, and the updates that have occurred are all from March or later, which is more recently than the ArduSub stable branch has been updated. I’d recommend using 20.04 if possible, and if that’s not possible as your main OS then you can perhaps try in a virtual machine instead (using e.g. VirtualBox).

You can of course wait until 22.04 is fully supported for ArduSub, but there isn’t a fixed date where that will happen, and I expect we’ll try to push out ArduSub 4.1 as the new stable first.