Subnet mask and default gateway

Hey everybody,

I’ve been developing a system for remote control, but i’m having some difficulties after a recent network change. The Blue ROV has now of-course disappeared from the network. I managed to SSH into another machine and further SSH into the BlueROV, and I’m trying to get the RPI back online. The overarching network has been subdivided to 255.255.255.192, or 26 prefix, and i’m trying to figure out how to set the Subnet mask and default gateway for the Raspberry Pi

For other Raspberry Pi’s on the network i’ve used the /etc/dhcpcd.conf file to set statics like this:

# Static IP Configuration for TMS Spooling Mechanism:
interface eth0
static ip_address=192.168.1.147/26
static routers=192.168.1.1

Although the Blue ROV uses some other method to set IP from the webinterface, and the webinterface dosent have field inputs for these parameters. Is there a way to set Subnet and Default Gateway using this method?

// The system is very much physically unavailable, so its crucial I dont lock myself out, as I wont be able to reinstall the firmware. //

:slight_smile:

Found the solution!

Just set up /etc/dhcpcd.conf as usual… I was just to scared to lock myself out considering the ROV is at the bottom of the ocean, and will be for at least another month. Closed my eyes, saved, and rebooted. It worked fine.

Mods can either delete this post or let it be incase anyone else is ever wondering. :laughing:

1 Like