Shore Power Robot

We’ve been working on shore power robots recently.
Recently I found a problem, that is, when I use the handle to control the robot, I increase the thrust to 100%, and the current is relatively large at this time. At this time, if I suddenly release the control button of the handle, the propeller will stop running immediately, causing the excessive current to the propeller to flow back to the power supply, thus triggering the short-circuit protection mechanism of the power supply.

However, when I tested some thrusters, I found that when I suddenly released the handle control button, the thrusters did not stop running immediately, but stopped slowly, and this part of the thrusters did not return to the power supply ( It may be possible to continue the residual current to make the blade rotate a few more times). Why is this?

Can I change some parameters so that the propeller doesn’t stop immediately when I release the control button, but it makes two more turns and stops slowly?

Hi @Kingzeon, sorry for the delay on getting to this.

I don’t believe there are parameters that allow slowly decelerating the thrusters when control input changes - you may be able to make a custom flight mode to do so, but that could still be problematic if the vehicle suddenly disarms.

The underlying issue for this is regenerative braking from the ESCs, which isn’t really something that can be fully fixed or avoided from ArduSub alone.

Hello @EliotBR ,
I encountered the same situation as him @mamdouh . I powered about 330V on the shore, and added a voltage conversion box to the original position of the robot battery compartment to convert the 330V electricity into a regulated output of 12V, and then connect the positive pole of the conversion module. The output is connected in series with an anti-reverse diode and then connected to the positive pole of the electronic compartment, so that the situation I mentioned before does not appear.