Question about thruster guard mounting screws

Hello,
I recently assembled a BlueROV2 R4 with the heavy configuration. The assembly guide said to use #4x.5 in self threading screws however we did not have those. Looking at the heavy configuration data sheet those screws are not listed anymore and instead we get 4 more M4x16mm screws that we used to mount the brackets onto the thruster guards. Those screws are not self threading so the thruster guards are really loose and can slide right off the frame. Is this an inconsistency? Do we need those other screws? It seems like those screws are not shipped with the heavy configuration anymore so how would I get the thruster guards to stay on the frame tight? Thank you

Hi @ssicari -
Can you share some photos of the screws you received, and what you’re finding? The M4 bolts are intended to go through the frame and thread into the small right-angle brackets…

Hello,
I won’t be able to get pictures of the screws or BlueROV most likely until Monday. An older R3 version I had used threaded screws to mount the thruster guards to the frame. This new one I have doesn’t come with the mentioned #4x.5 in screws.

Hi @ssicari -
Originally, the heavy retrofit kit used the thread forming screws. We’ve chagned that so that all the connections are standard M4! The Retrofit guide still mentions the thread forming screws - an update for that is coming soon. It sounds like you’re building your heavy configuration Blue ROV2 from scratch, so the regular guide instructions are correct.
From the assembly guide, simply select the Heavy configuration button: