Size of Screws for T200 Mounting Bracket

Hello! I have two of the T200 mounting brackets from Blue Robotics.

I’ve attached the thrusters to them, but I was wondering what size of screws I should purchase to mount the brackets to my hull?

Thanks!

bump

1 Like

The Mounting Bracket technical details specify that the mounting holes have a 3.2mm diameter, which is a common clearance fit size for M3 screws, like the ones included with the bracket for mounting the thruster (all the holes are the same diameter).

The screws you use for mounting the bracket will depend on what it’s being attached to. You may want to use M3 screws with a nut (+washer?) on the opposite side, in which case you’ll need to determine the length by the depth of the holes the screws need to go through and the height of the nuts being used to hold them in place. Alternatively you may want to use self-tapping screws, that dig into the hull material, in which case the diameter should be one that fits through the mounting hole, and the length depends on the hull thickness and/or how much vibration you expect the screws will need to withstand.

Hello @uchiha and @keenan!

I wanted to follow up to Eliot’s response with another resource that may be useful: Finding Replacement Screws for Blue Robotics Products :slight_smile:

We hope this helps!

1 Like