QGroudControl is not controlling vehicle

Hey Guys,

I am trying to run my blueROV2 with QGroundControl. QGroundControl is telling me that I am connected to my vehicle and it is giving me various readings. I can tell that QGroundControl is reading my controllers commands and buttons presses when I am watching the joy stick page. But I can not effect the state or send commands to the vehicle and I am not sure what the problem is. If anyone has any ideas about this it would be super helpful. Thanks for your time.

Is the joystick icon at the top white or red?

Make sure the ‘Enabled’ box is checked on the joystick page.

Hey Jacob. Thanks. Yes, the joystick is white but the vehicle still is not responding.

Hi,

Try to do this simple steps:

1. Check to make sure the camera tilt function and lights work. If they do not, please see the Troubleshooting section.
  2. Put the ROV in manual mode.
  3. Arm the ROV.
  4. Press the forward/reverse stick forward to check that the vectored thrusters are spinning freely.
  5. Press the ascend/descend stick forward to check that the vertical thrusters are spinning freely.
  6. Disarm the ROV.

You can check that the joystick commands are actually getting inside the vehicle by looking at Widgets->Mavlink Inspector->Vehicle1->RC_CHANNELS_RAW. When you move the joystick, do the numbers change?

Hey I figured out the problem. Early I changed the pixhawk system id so that the bluerov would work with mavros. I changed it back to 255 so that it could work with qgroundcontrol. Thanks for all the help.

1 Like