QGC 4.1.6 small things

Our GPS docs would seem to disagree, apparently:

Indeed, the GPS_TYPE parameter is set automatically to MAV (14) once an underwater GPS has been detected. I tried setting that manually on my setup and it did indeed bring back the “No GPS Lock” message (which makes sense).

If you set that parameter to None or AUTO in QGC when you’re not using the GPS then the message should go away :slight_smile:

:man_facepalming: Why QGC, just why…?
Glad you managed to find a workaround at least :slight_smile:

We still weren’t able to replicate the actual “small” window (ours were a pretty normal size), but the icon preferences did seem to have modified behaviour on one of the machines we tested with.

Odd. There are several mavproxy changes throughout the Companion post-update script (depending on which version is being updated from), but I can’t see any that would modify a udpbcast line - perhaps that was done somewhere else in an update, or maybe you reset to the default mavproxy parameters for some other reason and adding back your extra line got missed.

Regardless, good that the direct cause of the issue you were having has now been found and resolved :slight_smile:

1 Like