Ping Viewer Download / Install Issues

Hi

Ping Viewer for windows download is available here:

but the link here is broken:

Also when I installed the ping viewer application (with no echosounder inputs yet), I get the Blue Robotics logo which comes and goes and then nothing else happens. The ping viewer process sits in the background but there is no message about whats going on. The user sees nothing on screen.

I have installed Windows FTDI VCP Driver Executable…

The following shows the install - large on screen icons for clarity…

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the broken link, it’ll work now :slight_smile:

Can you upload the most recent file in Documents\PingViewer\Gui_Log ?
Also, you can try to run the debug build, this will create a popup with the log to show what is going wrong.

1 Like

Hi

The contents of Documents\PingViewer\Gui_Log is empty:

However when you run the debug viewer it runs!

20190131-175827421.txt (370.8 KB)

Strange!!!

Hi Andrew,

Glad that the debug build is working for you.
I’ll send a PM about the normal version.

My best regards,

Just to updating this.
The problem was a wrong downloaded link in the documentation. Everything is fixed, the last version works fine.

1 Like

Hello .I am trying to build Pien viewer source with qt5 .but I can not find follows files :

#include <ping-message.h>
#include <ping-message-common.h>
#include <ping-message-ping1d.h>

/home/edgar/Descargas/ping-viewer-master/src/link/linkconfiguration.h:9: error: ping-message-all.h: No such file or directory
#include “ping-message-all.h”

Hi,

Make sure to init and update all submodules with:
git submodule update --init --recursive
Also, remember to do a checkout to build the stable version:
git checkout stable

1 Like

Has the brping protocol been solidified?

Is it permissible to imitate products with exactly the same protocol?

I’m going to build a sonar device that runs in the air following the brping protocol.

Hi,

The messages that already exist will continue, you can also develop your own sensor with your own message definition if you are going to follow our architecture.
But, if you want something that works like Ping, you should define the messages under Ping namespace and under common namespace, this will result in the same behavior as the original sensor.

I’m going to make an aerial version of Ping to verify the correctness of the MCU software, and then see if the underwater version is made.

At the beginning, I wanted to borrow more brping protocol and view software for debugging. I did not have GUI programming technology.

Look at the agreement. Your Ping 360 has started. Is there any more information about it? The hardware circuit I built should be able to try the protocol of Ping 360.

I am from China. English is written by means of automatic translation. There may be some inaccurate expressions. Please forgive me.

Hello . I build all proyect .but I had follow Issues :
/home/edgar/qt5/ping-viewer/lib/ping-protocol-cpp/src/protocol/parsers/parser_ping.h:5: error: pingmessage/pingmessage.h: No such file or directory
#include “pingmessage/pingmessage.h”
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.

Not now :eyes:

Please check my comment:

I did it :slight_smile:
Submódulo ‘lib/maddy/maddy’ (GitHub - progsource/maddy: C++ Markdown to HTML header-only parser library) registrado para ruta ‘lib/maddy/maddy’
Submódulo ‘lib/ping-cpp’ (GitHub - bluerobotics/ping-cpp: C++ API implementation of ping-protocol) registrado para ruta ‘lib/ping-cpp/ping-cpp’
Clonando en ‘/home/edgar/qt5/ping-viewer/lib/maddy/maddy’…
Clonando en ‘/home/edgar/qt5/ping-viewer/lib/ping-cpp/ping-cpp’…
Ruta de submódulo ‘lib/maddy/maddy’: check out realizado a ‘59b808bf50eadbd441d5642b4240c2ddb8d9e82f’
Submódulo ‘libs/gtest’ (GitHub - google/googletest: GoogleTest - Google Testing and Mocking Framework) registrado para ruta ‘lib/maddy/maddy/libs/gtest’
Clonando en ‘/home/edgar/qt5/ping-viewer/lib/maddy/maddy/libs/gtest’…
Ruta de submódulo ‘lib/maddy/maddy/libs/gtest’: check out realizado a ‘5490beb0602eab560fa3969a4410e11d94bf12af’
Ruta de submódulo ‘lib/ping-cpp/ping-cpp’: check out realizado a ‘bd74d1fa3483f0852bea667af316388de019869e’
edgar@edgar-Inspiron-14-3467:~/qt5/ping-viewer$ git checkout stable
warning: unable to rmdir ‘lib/ping-cpp/ping-cpp’: El directorio no está vacío
M lib/maddy/maddy
Nota: actualizando el árbol de trabajo ‘stable’.