I finally finished the long delayed front lightbar section of my ROV. it mounts just forward of the main bottom plate using a 2" pressure hull. There are some electrical bits still in the works, but the mounting location and whatnot is finished now. I also stole the idea to mount the lights inside the front floats, though I used a 3d printed tube for that. If anyone needs that STL let me know, I’ll post it somewhere at some point.
The lightbar is an openrov 2.8 bar with the lasers. I’ve also mounted the 3rd auxiliary analog camera in the center hole, but at a deliberate angle to point at the robot arm for aid in picking things up. The entire assembly is on a tilt servo that is split off the upper camera servo, as that camera goes up and down, the light bar also pivots. In theory anyways.
Next up, marine epoxying the final sideplates. redoing the arm mount plate a bit to reinforce it and make it easier to service, soldering all the damned lights together, then final bolt up and testing!
lightinsert.stl (246.9 KB)