Newton Gripper Broken Jaw

Hi My gripper failed and suddenly snapped open when ascending from 20m holding a small aluminum arm with a GoPro camera attached to it. One of the gripper yaws is not strong enough to take any heavy loads. It is stronger to machine it in aluminum.

1 Like

i agree, the posibillity to have stronger… but i get confuesd here? …in the videopicture the broken “finger” is on top?.. how did this happen?

Hi Christian

I do not know exactly how it happened. I was driving the Rov on the surface against some waves when it snapped open.

1 Like

aaa ok :frowning: Understand!..hope you recoverded your camera! :slight_smile:

Hi @Bovikarby, Please contact support@bluerobotics.com about the failure and a replacement.

Hi Jacob I have ordered and recieved and payed for a new set of jaws some weeks ago

Hi everybody, we had the same problem with the jaw. We clamped a chain underwater durinf a firefighter training and the jaw snapped. We did this operation many times and bever had a problem.
Two questions.

1. I would like to know the procedure to safely remove the clamps.

2. we would like to replace the jaws with same jaws in aluminium, any suggestions and also could we have the schematics to reproduce them? The 2D info on the website is not enough.

Thanks a million

Lorenzo

Hi @Cocis,

Sorry to hear you’ve had an issue with your gripper jaw. I would recommend contacting our support email (support@bluerobotics.com) to let them know what’s happened and your order number (or at least rough order date), so we can log it as an issue and potentially provide replacement jaws if it’s relevant to do so.

Are you talking about the clamp that holds the gripper onto the ROV frame, or the jaws? Either way, it should be possible to remove the screw(s) to take off the relevant part(s).

This thread may be of interest :slight_smile:

The technical details on the product page also include a downloadable 3D model, which should be helpful if you want to replicate the existing jaws.