Locator S1 and U1 Integration

Can Locator S1 or U1 be used instead of A1 or D1 with the Underwater GPS system?

If it can be done, then what would be integration detaild for both ROV and topside system?

@FerdiCakmak Our engineering team hasn’t had a chance to try the Locator-S1 or Locator-U1 modules yet, so we defer to Water Linked for their operational status. Support for the S1 was added in the WL 2.1.0 update (2018-06) but I am unsure if another software update for the U1 is required. Most likely, as the U1 has a small acoustic modem on it for depth information.

After we get to spend some with the S1 and U1, we will update our Water Linked BlueROV2 Integration Guide.

S1: It should be a drop-in replacement for the A1, but instead of connecting to spare twisted wires in the tether, connect the orange and orange/white wires to the power terminal block.

U1: This locator can be used stand-alone with just the Water Linked GUI, but if you want to see ROV coordinates and positioned displayed in the QGC map, then the UGPS will need to be networked to the computer running QGC and the BlueROV2.

I use S1 locator with no problems
Waterlinked connected to ROV network via ethernet topside
Companion standard script communicate with Waterlinked

1 Like

Hi, I have the locator S1 integrated but get the message in the water linked software that there is no depth from the vehicle. What do I have to do to get the depth from the vehicle to the master D1? I see there is an API for the waterlinked, but does the Raspi on the ROV support this by default?

Hi!
In my case that worked right out of box.
Something in companion looks for Waterlinked and sends depth automatic.
Also QGC displays position without me doing anything but ticking Lat/Long status fields under “settings” upper right corner.
Are you using fixed IP 192.168.2.94 for Waterlinked?

@hermann how is your current situation?

1 Like

@jwalser

We are having the same problem could you give us a hand?

Ok Luis, please email support@bluerobotics.com with some more information like the version numbers of each software component, and the error message that you are encountering.