Home        Store        Docs        Blog

Joystick buttons in QGroundControl

(Brendan Coffey) #1

Hey! The QGroundControl joystick calibration interface doesn’t provide me the option to configure my buttons. I have an XBox 360 wireless controller. Configuring the sticks worked fine, but the “Button actions” section says “Buttons 0-15 reserved for firmware use”.

(Rusty) #2

Brendan,

You’re probably using an outdated version of QGC that doesn’t have that feature yet. Please update to the latest daily build here: http://ardusub.com/initial-setup/#install-qgroundcontrol

-Rusty

(Brendan Coffey) #3

I built it directly from source about a week ago. I’ll download a daily build and see what happens.

Thanks!

(Rusty) #4

Brendan - okay. A week ago should be enough but I’d update again. Note that it will only show up for ArduSub-type vehicles so you have to make sure your Pixhawk has ArduSub flashed on it.

-Rusty

(Brendan Coffey) #5

OK, I’ll upload and rebuild. I flashed using the command line utility, and specified the bluerov frame configuration, so I think I’m OK there. Is there an easy way to tell what firmware is on the Pixhawk?

(Rusty) #6

Brendan,

The firmware will print out its revision number and type to the “Info” view in QGC, which can be accessed by clicking on the horn shaped icon at the top.

-Rusty

(Brendan Coffey) #7

OK, great. The firmware I’ve got on the Pixhawk is good, and a daily build of QGroundControl allows me to configure the buttons–except that the QGroundControl window is larger than my Thinkpad x220’s desktop, and the window provides no scroll buttons, so I can’t access anything below button #9. :slight_smile:

FYI, I got a build error on the current repo for QGC. I can file that somewhere else if you give me a pointer.