Issue with cam

Hello,

I have bought the bluerobotics’ camera and I want to get the video and stream it on a beaglebone black, but I didn’t get any positive result. I have tried connecting ground and 12 v pin to external power supply and connecting signal and ground ones to a rca video input cable/usb output but nothing have been detected. Have anyone already tried?

Thank you,

Nascivera Simone

Hi Nascivera,

We haven’t tried this before but it should work. The camera provides an NTSC or PAL (depending on which you purchased) signal with 1 Vpp signal. Are you able to detect other cameras? I’m not familiar with using analog cameras on a Beaglebone Black.

-Rusty

Hi Rusty,

my problem is exactly the one you mentioned, I have never tried an analog cam with a bbb before and my first try didn’t go well. Which system do your rov use to interface with the cam?

Thank you,

-Simone

Simone,

We send the analog video feed directly to the surface with our Fathom-S tether interface. It would be AWESOME to be able to digitize that on the BBB and then send over a network connection. When we use an Ethernet-based tether (with our Fathom-X tether interface) we use a digital camera instead of the analog one.

-Rusty