Help with AUV Scripts

Hello,
I have been reading up on all of the components of the ROV 2, but I am still confused on what my topside laptop needs in order to make the robot an AUV. Some of the other forums that I have read lead to pages that give installation instructions for ardusub on the pixhawk and mavlink on the RPi. But aren’t these already installed?
What is already on the pixhawk and RPi?
What do I need to download to communicate with the robot?
If I wanted to create an script for AUTO Mode to follow, would I need to connect directly to the RPi?

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Hi Tina,

Some of the other forums that I have read lead to pages that give installation instructions for ardusub on the pixhawk and mavlink on the RPi. But aren’t these already installed?

The pymavlink installation instruction in ardusub.com is for the surface computer and for not companion, pymavlink is already installed on it.

If you buy everything from our store, the pixhawk will comes with ArduSub and the raspberry with companion, that contains almost everything necessary to automation work, except ROS and OpenCV.

What do I need to download to communicate with the robot?

Take a look in the pymavlink section of ardusub website.

If I wanted to create an script for AUTO Mode to follow, would I need to connect directly to the RPi?

Not necessary, you can run your program directly in the raspberry.

Thank you! I have also noticed that I can’t turn on the GPS? The map in the lower corner continues to show the world map instead of the ROV2’s location. I have QGC version 3.2.4.
Does the version of QGC have anything to do with displaying GPS?
Is there a way to switch it on?

Thank you.

@tdebar27, you may use the SERIAL and GPS parameters to configure your autopilot to use the gps.

Note a normal satellite gps will not work underwater.

Hello Jacob,

I have installed python 2.7.16 on my laptop and I have the arm/disarm code from the pymavlink page. I am trying to send the code through python to the ROV 2 via the fathom interface, but it seems to be getting stuck on the heartbeat portion of the code. I have also tried to ping the RPi, but the python script won’t accept it.
Is there a step I could be missing that is preventing me from fully connecting to the ROV2?
Is there any reason it is not receiving my code?

Thank you
-Tina

This seems like a connectivty issue. Can you connect with QGroundControl?