Frustrated. Any suggestions?

@Rusty,

With your suggestion concerning adding some forward speed, that will already be taking place on the diving missions because the primary purpose of having heading hold is to dead-reckon to my target destination. With the boat at anchor and heading into the current, I know the direction and distance to my target based on gps. I set the rover into the water with it heading into the current. I then crank up the speed forward and turn to the heading of the target, plus an estimated current correction angle, and place my rover in heading hold. If I judged the current correctly and have computed a proper corrected intercept angle, I will arrive right on target. This won’t happen often, but if it gives me visual contact I am in business. Once on station, and holding a stationary position, I can manually control heading more smoothly than auto heading hold.

Hi Richard,

Cool. Glad the test went pretty well.

In evaluating the heading hold right now, are you using forward speed?

Also, I think you should consider add a z-gyro and use that measurement for the “D” term in your PID controller. I think it will provide much better damping.

Last, what’s you control loop rate right now?

-Rusty

P.S. I like “Blue Junior” :slight_smile: