First time setup issues and questions

@corndog, QGC installs three shortcuts: QGC, QGC (GPU compatibility mode), and QGC (GPU safe mode). Please try launching QGC from all three shortcuts, this should fix your ‘red image’ issue.

The thing is that, the laptop that’s working best, the one with the red image, is making a buzzing sound when I plug in the Topside Interface and I don’t want to mess with it. The USB power supply must be weak and I don’t want to introduce a new problem.

I have this coming:

Dell Precision M4800
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-4900MQ Processor (Quad Core, 8M Cache, 2.8 GHz , w/HD Graphics 4600)
Memory: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L (2x8GB)
Hard Drive: 256GB 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive
Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro K1100M w/2GB GDD R5
Max Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Display: 15.6" HD LED
AC Adapter: 240W

It’s used, but it checked all the boxes. It’s like new and half the cost of the computers above and has all the specs I want. It should show up next week and hopefully everything goes smoothly with it…

1 Like

Ooookie dokie, just following up here. Got the laptop connected and whatnot. No video issues, nothing weird or quirky. The software setup was a pro as it should be. One complaint is that the four buttons on top of the Logitech F351 should be able to handle the tilt up/down and gripper open/closed. Seems kinda silly that it can’t be that way. I’m assuming there’s something about the position buttons that make it difficult. We can solder/glue a switch with resistor in there if needed, let’s just find a way to make it happen.

The analog ‘triggers’ at the front of the joystick cannot be used because the joystick reports them as analog values instead of digital values. Our protocol at the moment supports only digital values for button actions. We have a feature request to rework things for better flexibility:

https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/9808