Home        Store        Learn        Blog

DVL Recommendations

Hello, everyone.
I’ve decided to install a DVL on my BlueROV2 based on everyone’s opinions.
So, I don’t know which DVL to install, and I would like to know which DVL you recommend.
I often see the “DVL A50” by Water Linked AS. What other products do you have besides this one?
Please let me know.
Thank you very much for your time.

Hi @cymal6,

This comment is likely useful:

Water Linked have two DVLs (DVL A50 and DVL A125), and their DVL page (linked above) provides a comparison to a few others in a similar class. I’m aware that Cerulean also has one, which isn’t in the Water linked table.

Integration

I’m unsure on support/compatibility for the other alternatives, although I believe they’re significantly larger and more expensive, so may not be as suited to using on small ROVs like the BlueROV2.

Hi, @EliotBR .
Thanks for letting me know.
I was confused by all the different types of DVL.
I will take your opinion into account.
Also, thanks for editing the topic.
I was surprised to see how easy it became to use while I was not using it.
Thanks.

1 Like

@cymal6 I’m Pete Craigmile with Teledyne Marine. We have worked with Blue Robotics systems and have developed an installation guide for our Wayfinder DVL. Follow the link below and you can see the document:

You can contact me at Pete.craigmile@teledyne.com if you have any questions.

1 Like

Hi Pete:

Thanks for posting this. It’s a great looking product and should bring some good competition into the small DVL space.

I noted on the product flyer that the minimum voltage is 11.4V. The BlueROV has an unregulated battery bus, and while it will normally be above this level, when the battery is getting low and the thrusters are operating it can definitely drop below this. Do you know what happens to the DVL operations when the input voltage drops below 11.4V?

Hi @petecrai, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’ve moved your post here as a comment, because it seemed to be a response to the original topic.

As I understand the main specs of your Wayfinder DVL are covered in the Water Linked DVL comparison table, but I had unfortunately forgotten about your integration/installation guide when I was writing my initial response - sorry about that! I’ve edited my original response so it’s mentioned near the top of the thread :slight_smile:

1 Like