Depth Sensor Not Connected message

Hi, I built an ROV using the Pixhawk, the 30bar depth sensor, a Pi companion computer, etc. I am running QGC v3.2.4-Blue Robotics Rev6, and firmware 3.5.4. The sensor is plugged into the I2C port on the Pixhawk. I get the “depth sensor is not connected” message, both when attempting to calibrate the sensor, and when attempting to use depth hold mode.

At times, there has been depth data displayed on the widget. And there has been temperature data displayed. And I think it has run the calibration routine once without the error message.

I don’t know where to start to figure out what’s going on. Help?

@jimforbes It sounds like a hardware issue if the depth and temperature readings are intermittent and you get that warning message. Please e-mail us at support@bluerobotics.com and we can begin the RMA process.

1 Like

New depth sensor appears to be working, it calibrates quickly like it should…thanks!

I am using heavy config BROV2 with the new BlueOS and flight Navigator. I am using firmware beta 4.1.0 and QGC ver. 4.2.2. When I connected it all to test in tank, I can’t use depth hold mode because the error message “Depth Sensor not connected” appears. I checked parsmeter BARO_PROBE_EXT to be at 768 like recommended to me in previous post (Water Linked DVL A50 Support - #44 by Jnyberg). I also have the Bar30 sensor connected in the 12C port like it was on the pixhawk. What else can I check to find out why it is not connected?

HI @Jnyberg,

Can you confirm

1. the following parameters:
    Parameter Value
    BARO_EXT_BUS 6
    BARO_PRIMARY 2ndBaro (1)
  2. that the sensor is plugged in to one of the I²C 6 ports, rather than one of the ADC ports in the top row

If those don’t help I’d recommend you try

1. Parameters page/Tools (top right)/Reset all to firmware’s defaults
  2. Re-install beta firmware (there may have been a beta update since it was initially installed)
1 Like