Depth sensor Bar30

Hi,

I’m trying to connect the Bar30 Depth Sensor to the Pixhawk, but when I open QGroundControl I cannot see anything. I follow this tutorial: Viewing Bar30/Bar100 Depth and Temperature Readings on an ArduSub Vehicle

Am I missing something? What should I do?

Hmm it should work with everything connected. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Also, I tried to run the example programs for Arduino and RPi and it doesn’t work. The temperature is good, but for the depth, I am receiving just valuest between 0.1-0.3 (on both).

Wiring:

That is a pretty normal depth reading for being in air, which is good and means that your sensor is working normally if you are getting temperature and pressure readings from an Arduino or Pi.

It looks like you have what is called a “Pixhawk 2.4.8”, which is not what we have tested our products with. That 2.4.8 is a Chinese knockoff and from searching through the ArduPilot forums, one with a lot of issues: 2.4.8 Search Listing.

We use a Pixhawk that is the closest we could find to the original 3DR Pixhawks (they had an unofficial version of 2.4.6).

I think you may have a faulty I2C bus on your Pixhawk. Do you have any other I2C accessories you can try with it?

Thank you for your answer.

I don’t have other I2C accessories, but I will probably buy another Pixhawk.