Custom made BlueROV2 Heavy frame

It looks like it’s going to have some serious payload capabilities.

1 Like

…will build a few and see whats the best solution;)…but this is overkill , i know :wink:

This is MY tether management system…

2 Likes

…i have a garage system in my mind, but No subsea winch… asking for problems and not costeffective… im thinking of layers of tether on a “skid”… and collecting the tether with the gripper when surfacing. Easy setup at the top with a easy winch with a wire, with shacles on… (for the tether)…and a Crabhauler as LARS :wink: … adding a cam and 2 trusters will be something im thinking on… good for survey and no need for power from ROV :wink: just do it in the cage and control the direction with trusters, (yes ROV can too), but nice to turn and see the ROV working if needed;)

Ready for wet test Finally :sweat_smile::metal::pirate_flag:

2 Likes

Send us a video. Good luck.

1 Like

I would like to… but fathom x topside board is broken it seems like, no connection to the vehicle and just (in the end only one green light? …ahhh …then the Pixhawk Gone:/???

Subsea tether winch was (relatively) easy. I just copied a modern fishing reel, not sure what they are called (I don’t fish). The tether goes in the center back, then onto the stationary spool. An arm on a bearing ring is driven round and round, winding tether onto the spool. The arm freewheels when not being powered in, allowing the tether to spool off. A pair of pinch-rollers on the arm keeps the tether from ‘birdnesting’ on the spool, squeezing the tether just enough to keep it barely tight on the spool, but allowing it to slip through as the ROV tugs on it.

So you just lower the cage, then drive the ROV out, pulling out as much tether as you need. When it’s in danger of becoming tangled, or you need to dock the ROV, simply wind it in, then back the ROV in.

BTW, nice machining on your syntactic foam.

1 Like

Wow, can you upload some pictures?

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen, right?

The laptop the pics were on (of course i didn’t back-up THAT folder) died one day when i was watching a Youtube video. Won’t even load Bios now. And the ROV is in my storage unit in Arkansas (I’m in Ill-Annoys right now) 650 miles away.

I could re-create my original scribbles, if you like?

All good, just excited to see it. Next time you use it, it would be fantastic to see it. It would certainly add a lot of cababilities.

…Using folie for coulors, wasnt easy, but got the reispy for Syntafoam or similar,so next ones Will be moulded and Yellow from day one;)…and over 1000m rating, Payload is about 15 kg, Got a Lot og Batteryspace( plans for 75Ah in epoxymulded enclosure, but maby iscotchcast inside for expansilnRetranction, this is batteries to El cars:)… and Tooling capabillities That Will show why this ROV have this size and shape:) Handling was Suppricingly Good at Even 25 %…Good waterflow and Stable movements… Now for changing 18 holes backplate, New type of gripper, 2 servos(waiting for a 32kg/cm too ,Also want AC topside power so got some 500Mps PoE interface, Additional Aftcam in batteryencl, , …awaiting some parts for Powercontrol of Powersyatem, for remote close All power in a case of water ingress, or something Else, …is it possible to connect two servos in paralell so they work simultainusly? Anyone? …Else ive tried Sonys IMX 291 Low light and was impressed over the picture… moore to come;)

Just connect the signal wires together, and both servos will operate together. They sell Y-cables for this. Like for the two steering servos on a Traxxas Summit RC truck.

1 Like

So i can actually go into cam tilt and Get the signal there?.. got servos for light, and for now its Full, extra Servo32 kg/cm (Will use as 2DOF on gripper, try on a truster to see effekt;), ) and new Gripper with Alu fingers… so soon have to learn how to program arduino or something​:joy: …i have some releays i would like to add as aux Tooling ports:) (That feeling when you just finished changing backplate and 100% Vacuum after 2 hrs​:pray::sweat_smile:)