Connect deprh sensor Valeport mini IPS to pixhawk

Dear all,
I have blueROV2 heavy duty config with companion and px4.
I cannot rely on Bar30 data anymore since it error all the time even if I change the sensor and the pixhawk.

I have veleport mini IPS that can be configured with certain protocol i.e NMEA depth and many more.

How can I establish RS232 external depth sensor data as a main depth sensor in px4 ?

Thanks
Iqbal

Hi @iqbalwiawan -
You may be able to overcome your frequent Bar30 data problems by re-routing the I2C cable in your enclosure, and adding a ferrite “choke” to the wire to help it reject interference. You would pass the I2C cable through the ferrite core and wrap the wire once around it before plugging in - this may require extending or re-splicing the wire?
Otherwise, this guide details how to connect RS232 sensors to the Navigator, but to use the measured depth with Ardusub would require customizing and compiling the firmware with support for your sensor, which can be a lot of work!

Hi Anthony,
Did you mean I beed to put numbers of ferrit choke along the Bar30 sensors from the WLP to the JST-Gh connector?
Actually I use pixhawk with companion software.

Thanks

Hi @iqbalwiawan -
You only need 2x, one at each end of the Bar30 cable. Even one could help! Regardless of pixhawk or navigator, the issue is often interference on the I2C communication bus. I’m impressed you are still on companion, not many people still use that legacy system!