Communicate with BAR30 through pymavlink

HI, I have purchased the BAR30 sensor and I want to connect it to the pixhawk4 through the i2c, the point is I don’t know how to reach for its depth reading through the Mavlink protocol, I mean for example for the internal IMU senor there is a specified message for retrieving its data my question is is there a way to extract the BAR30 depth reading or not ,

thanks in advance

Hi,

It should be automatically detected and used by ArduSub. The output (as depth) is available at the VFR_HUD message. It is also available at SCALED_PRESSURE2.

ok thank you so much ill try it, though I have another issue if you could help me with it, I am trying to control each PWM output channel independently so that I can control each motor independently, I don’t know a specific command, so do u know any that could help and if there is please explain for me how to use it cause I am new to this

Another problem that I am facing is that Scaled_IMU message doesn’t work, I mean when I request it no data or object data is received I don’t know why and I don’t also know how to solve it

thanks in advance

Hello, all
We are testing our ROV2 in a small one meter deep pool and we are trying to read the depth using VFR_HUD message. The “press_abs” field from the SCALED_PRESSURE2 message does changes about 6kPa between pool top and bottom which is, more or less, the pool depth (the pool is filled with sea water)
but the “alt” field in the VFR_HUD message seems to be stuck at one value and it does not change.
Is there a threshold in ArduSub that limits the change in “alt” field to large values (vg. one meter steps)?
Thanks in advance.