Companion update says failure to authenticate isc-dhcp-server

hello!

Im working with some older ROV2s that have been sitting for a good while at the university im working on them from. Im trying to get them up and running and currently facing this problem with one of them where when I go to download the update from the companion website it loads until I get this same message every time:

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
ax25-node libax25 openbsd-inetd
Use ‘apt-get autoremove’ to remove them.
Suggested packages:
isc-dhcp-server-ldap
The following NEW packages will be installed:
isc-dhcp-server
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded.
Need to get 350 kB of archives.
After this operation, 795 kB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
isc-dhcp-server
E: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes
Failed to install isc-dhcp-server; Aborting update

is there anything im doing wrong or need to do before this update to allow for authentication?

thank you!
-Lyndon

Hi @RoyceRobotics, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

This isn’t an error I’ve seen before, so I had a search around online and it apparently tends to occur when a mirror/download server is down or otherwise unavailable. If that is in fact the case there’s not much we can meaningfully suggest beyond either trying again later, or instead doing a manual install where you flash the Raspberry Pi SD card with a pre-built image.

Hope that’s helpful - let us know how you go :slight_smile:

Hi @RoyceRobotics,

We’ve realised that it’s a more general error - the download mirror we used previously has been changed. The manual flashing should work fine, but if you haven’t got around to it yet and would rather not open the enclosure then we’re about to release a new update on Monday that should fix the issue, so you should be able to update correctly to the latest once that’s released :slight_smile:

Hey Eliot,

Sorry I didn’t get around to responding earlier, but the flashing the SD card has so far worked on all the drones I’ve applied it to. I have one more to do, and if you like ill wait until monday to update and see if it will work.

Thanks for the help,

Lyndon

Glad to hear it - that’s as expected :slight_smile:

No need to wait - the update will just be updating the mirror location before trying to fetch and install the new things. If you’re happy to try that approach you can use the web terminal to run

sudo sed -i 's/mirrordirector/legacy/g' /etc/apt/sources.list

before using the normal update button :slight_smile:

Note that the update will take a while (~20-30mins I expect?), but that may still be quicker/easier than opening the enclosure and flashing the SD card - depends how much practice you got in with the ones you did earlier…