Change IP to different address

It says in the release blog: Multiple static IPs and DHCP configuration

Our current setup rely on having the IP not be 192.168.2.2 and 192.168.2.1. I was trying to change it, I have looked in the settings but I cannot find how to change it. Previously you could do it from the gstreamer and mavproxy files and in the webUI but I cant seem where to make these changes?

1 Like

Hi @kallah,

The idea with BlueOS is to eventually move to a fully dynamic IP system, where changing IP requires minimal configuration, but at this point there are still three places that need checking:

1. Editing the “GCS Client Link” MAVLink Endpoint (requires Pirate Mode)
  2. Editing any configured video streams
  3. Setting the new static IP of BlueOS itself

1 and 2 are only necessary if the topside IP is changing away from 192.168.2.1 (which may not be the case if the IP of the onboard computer (running BlueOS) remains within the 192.168.2.x subnet).

Hi.
I have tried to change all the above configurations, but QGroundcontrol still does not manage to connect.
I have created a new GCS Client link to 192.168.1.101:14550, I have changed the settings files of the video stream to the same address, then I have also changed the BlueOS to 192.168.1.102.
I have used similar setup with .101 for the Mavlink and .102 for the BlueOS.
I have also tried to create a new manual link in QGrounControl “Comm Links” with 192.168.1.101:14550.
I can correctly connect via BlueOS, but not via QGroundControl.
Is there any more detailed tutorial or suggestion?
Thanks
Luca

Hi @lucapale, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Hmm, I’m not sure what’s going wrong here.

I just tried with your suggested values and they worked fine for me. The only unusual thing I noticed was that QGC asked if I “want the application to accept incoming network connections”, which I accepted.

I’m on macOS 13.1, running QGC v4.2.4, and BlueOS 1.1.0-beta16. If you can provide more information about the operating system and software versions you’re using I can try to replicate the behaviour here.

One thing that’s still a bit unclear to me - have you re-configured the IP address of your topside computer’s connection to the vehicle? The steps I outlined in my initial comment are the relevant configuration for within BlueOS, but a static IP connection relies on both sides having an IP assigned in the same sub-net (in your case your topside ethernet interface should be configured to 192.168.1.101)

Thank you for your answer.
You are right, it was actually setup for 192.168.1.100, thus the mis-communication.
Now everything works.
Bye,
Luca

This is a late addition.
Eliot,

using BlueOS 1.1.1
I have mistakenly setup a static address with the wrong subnet.
I then added the correct address.
Now I have two addresses when I look at the eth0 panel.

My problem is, when I click on the trash can to delete the wrong address, it gives me the wheel of progress, and does nothing.
The address is still there.

After reboot, the address is still there.

Is there a config file that I can edit to get rid of the errant address?

Additional information:
I am getting a Ethernet Manager Failure:
Ethernet_Address_Delete_Fail
Cannot delete IP ‘…’ from Interface eth0.
‘operation not supported’

Thanks again,

Mark K.